This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Los Santos is the only city in GTA5? Where's the best city in series aka.....

#1GSWarriors-Posted 5/12/2013 1:58:02 AM
San Fierro? If Los Santos is the only city then that would suck major balls.
#2masblasPosted 5/12/2013 2:39:06 AM
Just my opinion but honestly who cares if it's one city after reading this.

The map 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption in terms of playable area above ground.

Five times if you count underwater areas.

The geographical scope is huge and spans:
Mountains
Rivers
Lakes
Military bases
Farmland
Desert
Dense urban environments...and more

An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"

A deer and a wildcat were spotted in the mountains.

Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too

Shipwrecks, sharks, hidden treasures and more could be found underwater

The entire world is populated with fitting wildlife and inhabitants unique to specific areas
#3GaratuzoPosted 5/12/2013 2:47:19 AM
TC is an entitled gamer. Give him what he wants and when he complains that what he wanted isn't good, then give him more.
#4Dragon NexusPosted 5/12/2013 7:12:07 AM
Just my opinion but honestly who cares if it's one city after reading this.

The map 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption in terms of playable area above ground.

Five times if you count underwater areas.

The geographical scope is huge and spans:
Mountains
Rivers
Lakes
Military bases
Farmland
Desert
Dense urban environments...and more

An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"

A deer and a wildcat were spotted in the mountains.

Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too

Shipwrecks, sharks, hidden treasures and more could be found underwater

The entire world is populated with fitting wildlife and inhabitants unique to specific areas

Okay, so it'll be big and look nice.
But what is there to *do* in it? This was San Andreas' problem too. A huge countryside with nothing going on in it.
If there's nothing to do in your game world, all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5Lightning_fanPosted 5/12/2013 7:28:59 AM
They better of motion captured the butterflies or I am boycotting this game. I demand realistic butterfly movements!

The best city is Vice City.
#6mk_spiritPosted 5/12/2013 7:30:03 AM
Why are you posting this on both boards? More of a reaction?
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#7SunDevil77Posted 5/12/2013 7:48:03 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
But what is there to *do* in it? This was San Andreas' problem too. A huge countryside with nothing going on in it.
If there's nothing to do in your game world, all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.

Same problem with Just Cause 2.

Did you like GTA IV, Nexus? I thought that was another one of it's strengths, it was by far the most "lively" GTA.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#8Lightning_fanPosted 5/12/2013 8:00:43 AM
mk_spirit posted...
Why are you posting this on both boards? More of a reaction?

TC posted this to start a discussion I would presume. It is not as if that this topic will drag down the forums. It is just one topic and personally I am glad it was posted.
#9liam_000Posted 5/12/2013 8:10:23 AM
I think having a massive countryside gives them more room to make areas for missions, so every mission can have its own feel, making the missions feel less repetitive.

And i doubt Los Santos will be the only city. R* always have tricks up their sleeves.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 5/12/2013 8:37:23 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Same problem with Just Cause 2.

Did you like GTA IV, Nexus? I thought that was another one of it's strengths, it was by far the most "lively" GTA.

Ehhhhhh there are things I like and things I don't like about it.
I went into GTA with a post Saints Row 1 attitude. GTA3, VC and SA had issues that I hoped would be fixed by GTA4, things like the gun aiming and the way cars were handled, specifically how you could only store so many and if you blew it up it was gone for good making car modification ultimately pointless.

Saints row 1 added perminant car storage and fun car modification as well as an intuitive and enjoyable shooting mechanic. Granted it had a meh story but come on this was meant to be the holding pattern while we waited for GTA4 which would really blow our minds.

So what happened? Fewer clothing options. No car modification. Car storage was somehow made *worse* than before. The controls were terrible (hold the analogue stick all the way forward to walk? Come on, guys) and the camera swung drunkenly around. The story was gripping I guess. Doing anything outside of the story felt like padding whereas in the previous games it was rewarding, unlocking guns and armour and health in your safe houses for example.

I mean, I don't hate GTA4 or anything, but after Saints Row 1 I expected better. I expected the ext gen GTA to say "Hey, we were limited back then, but we're not now!".
I do hate the car controls though. No, it's not because I suck, I can drive just fine. It's just not fun. People praise the realism...but why? Why do you want realistic car controls in GTA? Slowing down to turn for every corner...it just made the chases more annoying because you're trying to do it fast but you spin out on nearly every turn. Saints Row's car control was perfect. Not so much SR3, but certainly 1 and 2.

R* just has this problem with well written stories and compelling characters that exist in a world that has little to nothing to do in it that actually feels worth while. Watching the TV? Eh, never did it because it felt like the game was saying "Don't feel like playing the game? Well just watch a TV on your TV for a bit". Internet? Pointless. Play dates with friends? Time wasting with little to no benefit. RDR had the same kind of issue, R* seems to have their games spin their wheels for hours on end before moving on. I want a little more oomph, ya know?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln