This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Los Santos is the only city in GTA5? Where's the best city in series aka.....

#11TheWayOfTheGunPosted 5/12/2013 8:40:33 AM
I enjoy the phrase, "Less is more" when it comes to open world games.

GTA 4 did it right. The map wasn't huge but there was so much detail crammed into every square mile.
#12Lightning_fanPosted 5/12/2013 8:41:32 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
I enjoy the phrase, "Less is more" when it comes to open world games.

GTA 4 did it right. The map wasn't huge but there was so much detail crammed into every square mile.

True, I just wish there were more options in what to do.
#13mjc0961Posted 5/12/2013 8:58:50 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Okay, so it'll be big and look nice.
But what is there to *do* in it? This was San Andreas' problem too. A huge countryside with nothing going on in it.
If there's nothing to do in your game world, all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#14CyricsServantPosted 5/12/2013 10:17:23 AM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.

This is what I dread. After Mafia II, I can't take long, boring commutes anymore.

Please let there be a warp option, Rockstar. Red Dead had one, and I abused the hell out of it.
#15_Elite_Bushido_Posted 5/12/2013 9:54:50 AM
San Fierro? If Los Santos is the only city then that would suck major balls.

i bet you think Hollywood is its own city
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#16Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 5/12/2013 10:02:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar added San Fierro and Las Venturas in whatever DLC they come out with.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#17Lightning_fanPosted 5/12/2013 10:06:09 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.

This is what I dread. After Mafia II, I can't take long, boring commutes anymore.

Please let their be a warp option, Rockstar. Red Dead had one, and I abused the hell out of it.

total mission count 20
mission length 10 minutes.

time traveling between missions 30 minutes!

Back of box "main campaign lasts 13+ hours!"

j/k :P
#18Mumble_Posted 5/12/2013 2:16:07 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

But what is there to *do* in it? This was San Andreas' problem too. A huge countryside with nothing going on in it.
If there's nothing to do in your game world, all you're doing is giving the player a much bigger comute between missions.

Its an open world game. You do whatever YOU want to do.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dpmm0MP.jpg
#19Jas_PataPosted 5/12/2013 2:47:58 PM
Mumble_ posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Yep, I find plenty of things to do. Great fun will be had without touching a structured mini game.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#20Dragon NexusPosted 5/12/2013 3:51:29 PM

Yeah erm...no thanks.
I mean, that's okay to a point but eventually I am going to want to have the game give me some feedback. If all I do is waste time shooting stuff with no context and no goal it gets dull. If the only real entertainment to be had is from story missions, then really your huge open world is a waste. Mafia 2's a good example, the world exists purely for you to drive from A to B. Same as L.A. Noire, why was it open world exactly? You didn't really do anything in that world, you just got in your car and drove to the next objective over and over.

So yeah, if you have an open world you need to give me some activities. GTA isn't a sandbox, it's open world.
Just Cause is a sandbox. Crackdown is a sandbox. A sandbox has toys scattered around in it for me to make use of the sand within. If you give me no toys to play with...it's just a box full of sand.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln