This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pick a game from your childhood and your fondest memory of that game

#31WhiteBaitKentPosted 5/13/2013 1:54:14 AM
While I haven't played Pokemon in years, playing Pokemon Stadium 1&2 with Pokemon R/B/Y and the transfer paks was so much fun, sank a tonne of time into them just organising Pokes and items and building my dream team and using them in the stadium matches (Nidoking, Pinsir, Magmar, Electabuzz, Hitmonlee and Alakazam FTW).
---
shinkuu aruket
#32TGAkumaPosted 5/13/2013 2:06:20 AM
Malefaction posted...
I oddly have the most fond memories of playing JRPGs. They always seemed so vast, exciting and limitless,yet now they seem childish and lame.

You must have played some terrible JRPGs as a kid then.
#33BBBanks03Posted 5/13/2013 10:26:22 AM
Back when I was a little kid all we really had was this teeny mom ní pop video store where I could rent NES games from time to time. I loved ninja turtles and both games on NES and my brithday was coming up, so my mom took me to the store to rent a game that me and my friends would play. This was way before internet or doing any kind of research on game reviews, so if the cover looked good, I was getting it. I go into the store to see my mom had held a game there for me to pick up: TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project. Took that game home for my birthday sleepover and my friends and I played that game all effing night and soaked up every bit of its awesomeness. Best NES TMNT game no question, I donít know why it doesnít get more love.

Honorable mention would probably be beating Space Quest 2 on my momís old POS DOS computer after struggling through that game FOREVER. All we had to help beat that game was one of those funny cheat books where you had a special coder you would need to use by placing it against the hidden text and making out the secret message to help you through. Iím sure it seems like longer because I was so young, but it felt like me and my mom were trying to get through that game for YEARS.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#34ffgamemanPosted 5/13/2013 10:36:32 AM
Final Fantasy VII. Plenty of memories....chocobo farming, grinding outside Shinra Mansion, grinding for limit breaks, grinding that one little area by Mideel for AP, the music.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#35ffgamemanPosted 5/13/2013 10:38:57 AM(edited)
rttn posted...
Finishing Mario RPG. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to redo that final battle, but when I got it I was so insanely proud of my achievement

That game had some tough battles, especially as a kid. What a great game though. Smithy was such a great end-boss and the Axem Rangers were an interesting group.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#36jaydigPosted 5/13/2013 10:39:59 AM
DebaserZero posted...

...Toys R Us had an entire aisle of C64 games. You would rip off a ticket under the game you wanted and take it the register where they would go in the back and bring your game.....

The game cage! After paying, we would take the ticket to the guy in the cage. Just seeing the walls and walls of NES games made me nuts. At the age of ten, I was sure Toys R Us game-cage-guy was the best job in the world.

On topic, how about Faxanadu. Weapons and armor actually showed on the character.
#37Thomas16371Posted 5/13/2013 10:43:44 AM
Phantasy Star 4 -- when Alys dies, it was the first time I cried playing a video game
---
Xbox Live: Thomas Nuffan
Founder of "Riot Shield" Enlist today: http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/platoons/show/4503608217308499