This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will a PAL Xbox 360 play a DVDR that is Region Free but in NTSC format?

#1ZombieMan91Posted 5/13/2013 11:34:34 AM
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me answer this question. I am looking to watch a NTSC format DVDr that I believe is region free, I was just wondering if this will still play on my PAL console. Many thanks.
#2glassghost0Posted 5/13/2013 11:36:08 AM
why not just try it?
---
No Thanks
#3ZombieMan91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 11:46:47 AM
Great answer ha but sadly I don't have the disc as I was deciding whether or not to purchase it from someone based on people's experiences as I didn't want to get the disc and it not to work. Thanks
#4glassghost0Posted 5/13/2013 11:51:08 AM(edited)
Well, in that case, I'm gonna have to guess it won't work since it's in NTSC format. But idk for sure so I guess that's not that helpful, lol
---
No Thanks
#5ZombieMan91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 11:56:19 AM
Yeah you're probably right, thanks for answering at least. It was just a pro-wrestling dvd that was on eBay and was much cheaper than ordering the dvd from the US. The guy who was selling it stated it was a DVD-r in NTSC format but i'm assuming that it was region free. The hope was it would work as its region free even though it was not PAL but who knows ha. I wasnt that fussed anyway ha.
#6ardishPosted 5/14/2013 3:02:51 AM
I've got some official region free us anime DVDs and they all work on my pal UK Xbox ,so it should work
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/Ardish.htm
rpg collection- http://uk.gamespot.com/users/ardish/games_table?mode=own
#7FoppePosted 5/14/2013 3:25:39 AM
It should work.
Only problem is if you have a old phat TV that doesn't support NTSC signals, then you will get it played in black and white.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8ZombieMan91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:46:52 AM
Brilliant thanks that's good news then :). I just figured the region free was the important bit as most DVD players and TVs seem to be fine with NTSC if its multiregion dvd. They were only cheap so I may well just take the plunge and give it a try even though they are only dvd-r. Thanks again everyone who posted.