This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will a PAL Xbox 360 play a DVDR that is Region Free but in NTSC format?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Will a PAL Xbox 360 play a DVDR that is Region Free but in NTSC format?

User Info: ZombieMan91

ZombieMan91
3 years ago#1
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me answer this question. I am looking to watch a NTSC format DVDr that I believe is region free, I was just wondering if this will still play on my PAL console. Many thanks.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#2
why not just try it?
No Thanks

ZombieMan91
3 years ago#3
Great answer ha but sadly I don't have the disc as I was deciding whether or not to purchase it from someone based on people's experiences as I didn't want to get the disc and it not to work. Thanks

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#4
Well, in that case, I'm gonna have to guess it won't work since it's in NTSC format. But idk for sure so I guess that's not that helpful, lol
No Thanks

ZombieMan91
3 years ago#5
Yeah you're probably right, thanks for answering at least. It was just a pro-wrestling dvd that was on eBay and was much cheaper than ordering the dvd from the US. The guy who was selling it stated it was a DVD-r in NTSC format but i'm assuming that it was region free. The hope was it would work as its region free even though it was not PAL but who knows ha. I wasnt that fussed anyway ha.

User Info: ardish

ardish
3 years ago#6
I've got some official region free us anime DVDs and they all work on my pal UK Xbox ,so it should work
http://www.trueachievements.com/Ardish.htm
rpg collection- http://uk.gamespot.com/users/ardish/games_table?mode=own

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
3 years ago#7
It should work.
Only problem is if you have a old phat TV that doesn't support NTSC signals, then you will get it played in black and white.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

ZombieMan91
3 years ago#8
Brilliant thanks that's good news then :). I just figured the region free was the important bit as most DVD players and TVs seem to be fine with NTSC if its multiregion dvd. They were only cheap so I may well just take the plunge and give it a try even though they are only dvd-r. Thanks again everyone who posted.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Will a PAL Xbox 360 play a DVDR that is Region Free but in NTSC format?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived