This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Xbox Live Gold better than PSN?

#121BahamutBBobPosted 5/14/2013 6:58:47 AM
Party chat is literally the only thing worth the price IMO. Yes, I enjoy online multiplayer, but I would have tried to get my friends to switch a while back (and probably failed) if party chat wasn't a thing.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#122HeroicSomaCruzPosted 5/14/2013 7:47:56 AM
Topics like this truly make me realize Microsoft ended up in last place this gen. Their business practices were a starting point for both Valve and Sony to capitalize on.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#123darkphoenix181Posted 5/14/2013 8:09:00 AM
Von23 posted...
NightDrifter05 posted...
It isn't better unless you're a Xbox fanboy. It has slightly more content but PSN in general has better content and it's free. Once PSN first launched everyone know's it was pretty bad but the last 3 year's it's blown XBL out the water.

And I was pointing this out with my intial post.....It's almost stupid to pay for XBl anymore. people in this topic keep using the same excuse though:

"Bu-Bu-BUT PARTY CHAT!!!!!"

It's not stupid. If your friends have Xbox and you want to play with them, then I agree it is a good thing to do. However I disagree that "friends" mean live is better. Imo it simply justifies it. Party chat is nice too, but it isn't worth money. Skype is a free service for example (so far at least). Steam also has it free too.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#124SSJ3Goku222Posted 5/14/2013 8:23:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#125devnull520Posted 5/14/2013 8:27:58 AM
While I would love to get everything in life for free, I know is not possible. 35-40 a year is not a lot of money. Is a good service, it has enough to warrant the 35-40 a year regardless of whether psn is better or not.

I dont care about psn. I like my ps3 for the few great exclusives they have, but for mp, or buying digital content, I prefer the xbox. Is a preference no more than that, if people really want to lose sleep over this, not my problem. I will continue paying the 35-40 a year and enjoying the features xbox live has.

For the argument of "what about if they raise the fee for the next gen?" I don't make these type of decisions based on speculations. When the time comes, if xbox live does not offer enough for the money they ask, then, I will make a decision, not before.
#126Merc123Posted 5/14/2013 9:02:38 AM
My friends being on Xbox Live and not PSN is pretty much the only reason i have Gold instead of Silver.
#127The MeatmanPosted 5/14/2013 9:04:55 AM
CapwnD posted...
bksonic123 you mentioned cloud for PSN but not for XBL. Also, every XBLA game has a demo, but you don't need gold for that.

PLUS has 1 GB Cloud Storage.

XBL Gold has 512 MB.

We know which is superior in that category.
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#128TheBlueStigPosted 5/14/2013 9:14:24 AM
The Meatman posted...
CapwnD posted...
bksonic123 you mentioned cloud for PSN but not for XBL. Also, every XBLA game has a demo, but you don't need gold for that.

PLUS has 1 GB Cloud Storage.

XBL Gold has 512 MB.

We know which is superior in that category.

Cloud storage.....basically that means your saves are floating around out there somewhere and if access to those servers is cut off for whatever reason, you're f***ed.

Not exactly a "plus" on either side of the aisle there regardless of the amount of storage you get, but since the PSN is down more often, they get the negative in a BIG way.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#129darkphoenix181Posted 5/14/2013 9:19:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#130darkphoenix181Posted 5/14/2013 9:20:43 AM
What is Cloud Storage useful for? To play your saves at a friends house?
---
proud owner of Pikanips