This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Xbox Live Gold better than PSN?

#131The MeatmanPosted 5/14/2013 8:24:17 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...
CapwnD posted...
bksonic123 you mentioned cloud for PSN but not for XBL. Also, every XBLA game has a demo, but you don't need gold for that.

PLUS has 1 GB Cloud Storage.

XBL Gold has 512 MB.

We know which is superior in that category.

Cloud storage.....basically that means your saves are floating around out there somewhere and if access to those servers is cut off for whatever reason, you're f***ed.

Not exactly a "plus" on either side of the aisle there regardless of the amount of storage you get, but since the PSN is down more often, they get the negative in a BIG way.

Spinning a positive feature into a negative. Nice!
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#132TheBlueStigPosted 5/14/2013 8:24:24 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
With Sony you can insert a standard computer Harddrive so you shouldn't even need cloud storage. You don't have to pay a huge premium for proprietary harddrives.
You can get a standard 1 Terabyte harddrive for $80-$100.
As opposed to the Xbox 320 GB harddrive which is $130.

So I don't see why anyone with plus cares about cloud storage anyways.

My official 320GB drive was only $100 on sale, and I got a free game I wanted to boot. The newest official 320GB drives now come with THREE free games.

The official MS HDD's also come with the emulator needed to play XBox originals, the PC drives you can stick in a PS3 don't come with ANY free games at all, and they don't add backwards compatibility to the systems Sony removed it from either.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#133darkphoenix181Posted 5/14/2013 8:28:24 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
With Sony you can insert a standard computer Harddrive so you shouldn't even need cloud storage. You don't have to pay a huge premium for proprietary harddrives.
You can get a standard 1 Terabyte harddrive for $80-$100.
As opposed to the Xbox 320 GB harddrive which is $130.

So I don't see why anyone with plus cares about cloud storage anyways.

My official 320GB drive was only $100 on sale, and I got a free game I wanted to boot. The newest official 320GB drives now come with THREE free games.

The official MS HDD's also come with the emulator needed to play XBox originals, the PC drives you can stick in a PS3 don't come with ANY free games at all, and they don't add backwards compatibility to the systems Sony removed it from either.

even with games you paid more than you should. A 500 GB hard drive is ~$40.
Also I just recently bought and Xbox. The only 320 GB hard drive I saw with a game came with Lego Batman which is a $20 at most game if even that.

Nevertheless, I deleted this post because it wasn't about Live and PSN because I don't fully understand what Cloud Storage does. I was thinking it was just extra space, but 1 GB isn't anything at all. So no need to argue that which has nothing to do with this thread unless Cloud Storage is actually to supplement Hard Drive space.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#134TheBlueStigPosted 5/14/2013 8:39:52 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
even with games you paid more than you should.

When I bought it Lego Star Wars 3 was still full price, and I was paying for 3 main things, the storage space, the XBox emulator so I could keep playing my old games, and I was paying for the security of not getting banned for Hardware Tampering for using a counterfeit HDD.

That's a 320GB drive, a $60 free game, and the XBox emulator. Figure a retail value on that emulator of about $10, then there's the $60 game, and the drive was on sale for only $100.

That means I only paid $30 for the actual storage space.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#135darkphoenix181Posted 5/14/2013 8:47:06 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
even with games you paid more than you should.

When I bought it Lego Star Wars 3 was still full price, and I was paying for 3 main things, the storage space, the XBox emulator so I could keep playing my old games, and I was paying for the security of not getting banned for Hardware Tampering for using a counterfeit HDD.

That's a 320GB drive, a $60 free game, and the XBox emulator. Figure a retail value on that emulator of about $10, then there's the $60 game, and the drive was on sale for only $100.

That means I only paid $30 for the actual storage space.

It being on sale is irrelevant. You can get 500 GB Hard Drives on sale too. Infact, if the sale is relevant I could say that at the time Lego Star Wars 3 was on sale for $40 somewhere so you can't figure $60 out of the price.

Anyways, no need to debate this unless it has anything to do with Live vs. PSN. No one explained what the point of Cloud Storage is yet. Since you seem to be responding to my posts, could you explain it to me?
Thanks
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#136bigdaddyjh2002Posted 5/14/2013 8:33:51 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
What is Cloud Storage useful for? To play your saves at a friends house?

This is pretty much the reason. To the idiot that said "Cloud storage.....basically that means your saves are floating around out there somewhere and if access to those servers is cut off for whatever reason, you're f***ed.

Not exactly a "plus" on either side of the aisle there regardless of the amount of storage you get, but since the PSN is down more often, they get the negative in a BIG way.", you're not smart and, you've probably never used it on either system. It doesn't take the file off of your system to be ONLY on the cloud storage. It copies the file to be in both spots. In case your system, Heaven forbid, dies or, as stated, you go to a friend's house, have your profile on his/her system, and play your file on that PS3.
---
NO, I DIDN'T BREAK THE VASE!! Oh, you weren't calling me for that? Live tag & PSN: Grandiaplayer
#137singhellotakuPosted 5/15/2013 4:55:51 AM
cross game party chat
#138Rancid_SkankPosted 5/15/2013 5:17:24 AM
It has XBLA, and all my work friends have a 360 so we party chat.

Pretty much it, and worth the money for me.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#139dudeitscoolPosted 5/15/2013 5:21:40 AM
I would much rather have Playstation Plus fee than Gold. At least then you get discounts and free games and full game trials.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#140The Top CrusaderPosted 5/15/2013 6:37:32 AM
I was... second to last of all my friends to get a current gen console. All of them had a 360, and only two of them also had a PS3. So that made it a pretty easy choice if I wanted to be able to play with them at all. Which I never really do, but... >_> We can trade games and such.
---
----
-----