This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I would pay basically any price for a good sequel to The Punisher from xbox/ps2

#1casedawgzPosted 5/13/2013 2:05:53 PM
What a fantastic game. I run through it probably once a year. It's just so satisfying. Imagine what it could have been with todays technology.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#2TheBlueStigPosted 5/13/2013 2:08:02 PM
With the current political climate it would be considered AO in content (by the media and idiot politicians) and never make it to the shelves from overwhelming media pressure.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3Neo1661Posted 5/13/2013 2:10:30 PM
Great game! Censoring pissed me off at first but got used to it and loved it. Saw the kills uncensored latter on and thought the censoring was a good move in the end. Not because of the gore but because it looked cooler and made you think a bit.

Same with Manhunt 2!
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/13/2013 2:32:30 PM(edited)
I would pay for a seuqel to that movie too. I am clueless as to why it didn't get better reviews. I suppose the middle gets a bit long, but Thomas Jane IS The Punisher.

That War Journal movie doesn't count.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#5Gurn BlanstonPosted 5/13/2013 2:36:53 PM
I got stuck in the game and never finished it but man I loved that funeral part where you pop out of the casket and mow everyone down. Good times.
#6SteelToothPosted 5/13/2013 3:03:44 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I would pay for a seuqel to that movie too. I am clueless as to why it didn't get better reviews. I suppose the middle gets a bit long, but Thomas Jane IS The Punisher.

Ha, you must not really be familiar with Punisher because War Zone has been the most authentic take on Frank out of the three movies.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#7casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 3:19:08 PM
SteelTooth posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Ha, you must not really be familiar with Punisher because War Zone has been the most authentic take on Frank out of the three movies.

Yes, but what works in a comic doesn't necessarily work on the screen. Despite being true to the comics, it was an absolutely horrid film.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#8Typhus12Posted 5/13/2013 3:27:40 PM
casedawgz posted...
SteelTooth posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Yes, but what works in a comic doesn't necessarily work on the screen. Despite being true to the comics, it was an absolutely horrid film.

That sounds like a conflict of interest to me. I've found myself saying that to people before, but when you think about it, why are you going to see a comic book movie expecting a film? I mean you probably have legit problems with the acting or pacing or filming, whatever, but it was made by people wanting to see the Punisher be the Punisher, for people who want to pay to see the Punisher be the Punisher.

I'm not saying that comic books can't inspire a truly great film in all aspects, but I definitely have lower standards of enjoyment for them, and lots of genre films in general. The first Punisher movie, you could take out the title character and change some of the names, and you'd have a pretty boring movie save for the climax.
---
You're going to the science hospital!
#9baueris24Posted 5/13/2013 4:14:24 PM(edited)
Gurn Blanston posted...
man I loved that funeral part where you pop out of the casket and mow everyone down. Good times.

Ha ha! I was just going to say the same thing! That was an awesome mission!
#10glassghost0Posted 5/13/2013 4:14:57 PM
That was a great game. I remember playing the demo over and over and over, then I eventually bought it or rented, don't remember, but it was definitely great.
---
No Thanks