This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite game soundtrack

#1TheAnchoredManPosted 5/13/2013 3:38:29 PM
Pretty simple question. What's your favorite video game soundtrack and why?

Personally mines got to be Fallout 3. The 50's nostalgia playing on the radio was classic and I was singing along in no time ;). Sure it might have been the same 5 songs but they were such good quality.
#2StarGoyPosted 5/13/2013 3:47:27 PM
It's between Street Fighter 2, Soul Calibur, and Golden Axe.
#3richboy900Posted 5/13/2013 3:47:47 PM
The early tekken games like tekken 2 and 3 on ps1. Each character in t2 had their own theme and music, my personal favourite being the 'chicago'/lee chaolan theme in tekken and tekken 2. Every stage had a remix as well known as arrange which was cool.

Also the secret garden theme from tekken 5, its a cool dnb like track.

Another was when I downloaded the pirates alcove theme from soul calibur 2 and played the song when playing battlefield 1942 (pc) / 1943 (xbox 360) while flying the old ww2 planes. It fits so well, you should check pirate alcove (soul calibur 2) on youtube and imagine dog fighting to that tune its epic.
#4baueris24Posted 5/13/2013 4:10:34 PM
Grand Theft Auto Vice City had some good songs. There's some radio stations on there that I wouldn't listen to (for instance I can't stand rap!) but there were other stations that were good.

Also Final Fantasy 7 had some catchy tunes.
#5glassghost0Posted 5/13/2013 4:12:48 PM
I don't have a favorite.

Do the GTA games even count? If so, definitely them.

But I have to give praise to Max Payne 3's soundtrack, and RDR's

The choice of music mixed with the right moments in the game were amazing ^
---
No Thanks
#6SunDevil77Posted 5/13/2013 4:25:54 PM
Lets get the elephant out of the room. Nier.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#7devilkenPosted 5/13/2013 4:38:45 PM
Final fantasy 4,6,7
Donkey kong country 2
Perfect dark
Command and conquer

Those are my favorites off the top of my head.
---
Gamertag: Kid Dynamite32
PSN: Kid_Dynamite32
#8yankeemarksmanPosted 5/13/2013 5:11:39 PM
Halo, you can listen to it as a piece of music in its own right. Especially when you have the CD.
Also a nice short theme soundtrack is the temple of time from Legend of Zelda, just leave it on loop.
---
The honourable Incitata.
#9Enix BelmontPosted 5/13/2013 5:23:47 PM
FF7+9
Persona 4
Megaman 3+9
Megaman X1
Casltevania: Harmony of Despair(GREAT remixes of most of my favorite tunes if you bought all the DLC like me)
MVC1

If I had to pick just one, no game really makes me nostalgia as hard as FF7's soundtrack, so probably that or megaman 3.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#10Merc123Posted 5/13/2013 6:32:58 PM
If they count The Tony Hawk games win, not sure which one was my favorite but they wen't crazy with the amount of songs on there and it shaped my musical taste alot by exposing me to different bands i might have never heard of.