This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing games based of Movies and TV Shows

#1GSPgreasesPosted 5/14/2013 9:16:51 AM
how awesome is that? You loved a movie and it has a game where you can play in that universe and enjoy a new experience

Watch Batman movies then play Batman games
Watch Iron Man movies then play Iron man games
Watch Avengers then play ultimate Aliance
Watch prison break then play the prison break game

More companies need to do tie ins or games based off movies/tvshows

seinfeld needs a video game
#2TheBlueStigPosted 5/14/2013 9:19:42 AM
GSPgreases posted...
how awesome is that? You loved a movie and it has a game where you can play in that universe and enjoy a new experience

Watch Batman movies then play Batman games
Watch Iron Man movies then play Iron man games
Watch Avengers then play ultimate Aliance
Watch prison break then play the prison break game

More companies need to do tie ins or games based off movies/tvshows

seinfeld needs a video game

There's a ginormous MASSIVE problem with your theory....

Most movie or TV games SUCK ASS so just because there's a game to play based on those things does NOT automatically make it a good thing.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 11:36:52 AM
im not saying it has to be good. im saying it is cool to be able to enjoy a movie and relive the experience in a video game

AVP being another example
#4TheRobPosted 5/14/2013 11:40:47 AM
Or in the case of X-Men Origins: Wolverine the game was infinitely better than the POS movie it was based on.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#5GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:12:00 AM
bump
#6stargazer1981Posted 5/17/2013 1:14:42 AM
TC's a "glass half full" kinda person. I dig it. You don't get much of that around here. It's refreshing.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#7richard733Posted 5/17/2013 1:52:08 AM
They haven't made a sienfield game yet?
#8harrylvssamPosted 5/17/2013 2:26:40 AM
The captain America game was better than just "ok" was a really good game actually. Xmen destiny was ok. Fun for a single play through. Personally. I really enjoyed green lantern, and king fu panda was brilliant! Some kids tie in games are decent. Too. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was some good light hearted fun. Level designs were pretty cool. And i actually quite enjoyed rango!
#9SunDevil77Posted 5/17/2013 5:30:13 AM
More movie tie ins need to take notes from The Amazing Spider-Man. It was a good game with relatively smooth gameplay, and being a semi-sequel to the movie gives you more reason to play it.
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#10Ginsu VictimPosted 5/17/2013 5:42:07 AM
Best thing:
Watch The Warriors, then play The Warriors.

Can you dig it?
Can you diiiiiiiiiiiiiig iiiiit?
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)