This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your worst gaming experiences?

#11GanzRampage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:51:27 PM
getting struck by lightning at 197 lightning dodges in FF X

That is horrible. The only thing I didn't do in FFX.

I just remembered another one. Gears of War 2. Same roommate wants to play so I guess we must have signed him in at the menu screen. I lost 12k kills. This was before the leveling system so it could have been worse but still sucked. He gives up half way through act 1 on insane cause its too hard for him.
#12TheAnalogKid06Posted 5/14/2013 11:12:52 PM
GanzRampage posted...
getting struck by lightning at 197 lightning dodges in FF X

That is horrible. The only thing I didn't do in FFX.

I just remembered another one. Gears of War 2. Same roommate wants to play so I guess we must have signed him in at the menu screen. I lost 12k kills. This was before the leveling system so it could have been worse but still sucked. He gives up half way through act 1 on insane cause its too hard for him.

It was torture. I'm seriously dreading doing that again for the upcoming HD version on PS3. At least it will look better while i'm doing it.

Having just finished Metal Gear Rising, I have another one to add to the list. The last boss fight of that game was one of the most unfun and worst experiences I ever had in any game. The plot went to crap as soon as you get to him, his dialogue is cringeworthy (this is coming from a huge Metal Gear fan), he is brutally difficult and punishes the slightest error with near instant death, the music during the fight was vomit inducing, the ending after the fight was garbage. I could go on. Seriously just about ruined the game for me. Thankfully the rest of the game was pretty good though.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
Can't wait to play: Last of Us, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Killer is Dead, Dark Souls 2, A Link to the Past 2, MGS V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
#13beautifuldreamsPosted 5/14/2013 11:25:14 PM
I can't remember the game, but it was this gen. i had finally made it to the final boss, and i put my controller down to take a piss before the lengthy battle. during my break I heard a strange noise, but thought nothing of it. I get back to find I was somehow dead, and to make things worse, my controller had rumbled to its demise. (off the table 4ft to concrete)
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#14glassghost0Posted 5/15/2013 12:03:32 AM(edited)
Paying $60 for Two Worlds the day it came out, because my friend has horrible taste in games.

"Get this, we can play it together, it'll be great."

Also, joining a game in progress just as it ends, whether it be 1 kill left, or, I love this one, joining right after the final kill, so then you have to wait for that game to officially end, then wait for the next one to start
---
No Thanks
#15CojiroseanPosted 5/15/2013 12:07:35 AM
This happened a while ago. I had all of the Pokemon GBA games, and had this awesome party of lv90s, and I traded them to Ruby for some grinding. Beat the elite four about six times, saved and switched off. I came back later, and at the title screen was greeted with "The save file has been deleted...".

The Ruby cart was fake ( I NOW know), but the Pokemon were real. I still hear their cries late at night.
---
Blog that I write for, support it if you like what you see:
http://illegibleother.blogspot.com.au/
#16singhellotakuPosted 5/15/2013 12:26:08 AM
probably getting hit with the elevator save glitch when halfway through Mass Effect and having to restart the whole game.
#17BrutalBrockenPosted 5/15/2013 12:28:54 AM
Getting connected to a game of UNO on Xbox Live and seeing 2 french guys on different screens jerking off while talking to each other.
I don't play UNO often anymore
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#18LandonioPosted 5/15/2013 2:21:39 AM
Any CoD online, but particularly MW2.
---
ROLL TIDE
#19FocianPosted 5/15/2013 5:58:12 AM
Inversion and Damnation.

No further explanation needed.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#20ShadowElite86Posted 5/15/2013 7:54:50 AM
I'll agree with paying $60 for Two Worlds. Although if I remember correctly the guy at Gamestop let me return it for a full refund since I used to always go in there.

The original Xbox had a lot of stinkers that were just horrible. Pulse Racer and Drake (whatever the rest of it's called) were both vomit inducing.