This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new tomb raider or GTA 4?

#1varunsethrocksPosted 5/15/2013 5:49:02 AM
I've only played vice city, and none of the other tomb raider games, if that helps.
---
"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
PSN: varunsethrocks
#2FlippyMittensPosted 5/15/2013 5:50:07 AM
varunsethrocks posted...
I've only played vice city, and none of the other tomb raider games, if that helps.

GTAIV is cheaper and you get more.

Tomb Raider is a more tightly packed experience. Over all I would get GTAIV and wait for a price drop on Tomb Raider.
#3Arucard05Posted 5/15/2013 5:51:14 AM
GTAIV for sure. Make sure to get the complete collection or whatever it's called.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#4pitt12177Posted 5/15/2013 5:53:08 AM
Arucard05 posted...
GTAIV for sure. Make sure to get the complete collection or whatever it's called.

This.

The complete edition will leave you satisfied. GTA IV as a standalone is pretty meh.
#5N2NOtherPosted 5/15/2013 5:59:20 AM
varunsethrocks posted...

I love both immensely for different reasons. I feel that to truly appreciate everything GTA IV has to offer, you need to have played all of the GTAs. I think there are quite a few gameplay mechanics that will turn you off in IV. Tomb Raider is an amazing experience that is much tighter in gameplay and mechanics.

What other games do you enjoy in both respective genres?
#6FlippyMittensPosted 5/15/2013 6:00:31 AM
N2NOther posted...
varunsethrocks posted...

I love both immensely for different reasons. I feel that to truly appreciate everything GTA IV has to offer, you need to have played all of the GTAs. I think there are quite a few gameplay mechanics that will turn you off in IV. Tomb Raider is an amazing experience that is much tighter in gameplay and mechanics.

But Tomb Raider is much shorter and a lot more expensive. TC would get so much more bang for his/her buck out of GTAIV
#7Shy420Posted 5/15/2013 6:02:43 AM
I had a lot more fun playing the new Tomb Raider than I did GTA IV. As for content GTA IV has a lot more, two expansions but it all boils down to being the same. I guess it depends on the experience you want to have. I think one of my big issues with GTA IV besides the unrelenting cell phone calls was the driving not being fun at all.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#8varunsethrocks(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:14:24 AM
But I heard that the story for GTA 4 sucked?
---
"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
PSN: varunsethrocks
#9pothocketPosted 5/15/2013 6:14:38 AM
FlippyMittens posted...
N2NOther posted...
varunsethrocks posted...

But Tomb Raider is much shorter and a lot more expensive. TC would get so much more bang for his/her buck out of GTAIV

TC is asking which game he should play, not which one is cheaper or has more content. So obviously we should recommend the better game, right?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10VlayerPosted 5/15/2013 6:18:17 AM
GTA IV is the better game
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
S4(15 Episodes) of AD airs May 26th on Netflix!