This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you change the xbox controller if you had the chance?

#21flame030191Posted 5/22/2013 4:04:11 PM
I'd take the 360's controller, replace the bumpers with the L1/R1 buttons from Dual Shock, fix the d-pad (4 separate buttons that can be pushed down would be best) and put the left stick in the lower position.

Resoning?

Bumpers: Most of the controllers' bumpers seems to stick after a while of use. they seem to not take much to push, and I'm assuming is the reason for it. Add the extra room that the L1/R1 buttons on Dualshock have, and it should work fine.

D-Pad: Terrible for any game that uses it right now. I literally cannot play fighting games on Xbox because of it. If I press any direction, it does one of the three general directions (as in, if I press Left, it may go left, up/left, or down/left). Separate the buttons instead of the disc shape, and it will work wonders.

Stick Position: I've just been used to the positioning of the sticks on DualShocks since the 90's. It's always worked well for me, and the offset place that Xbox and Gamecube had just felt awkward to me. Even after 10 years, I'm still not used to the stick placement that Xbox has.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#22BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 1:05:26 PM
flame030191 posted...
I'd take the 360's controller, replace the bumpers with the L1/R1 buttons from Dual Shock, fix the d-pad (4 separate buttons that can be pushed down would be best) and put the left stick in the lower position.

That's actually a great idea! Four close together buttons would be excellent
---
--
-