This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if MS did this... (Gamertag related)

#1Kyle1022Posted 5/15/2013 5:52:14 PM
If an account is a silver member and hasn't been used online for a year while being silver, that GT becomes available (someone can make or change their GT to be it) to gold members.

If the silver member logs online, they're prompted to enter a new GT and change it to that (for free of course).

This way, gold members and/or people who actually log onto live get priority when making gamertags.

There's really no reason why someone should be able to make a silver account just to take a clever GT, then proceed to have it lay dormant for all eternity. I guess this applies (or applied?) to Zune accounts too, lol.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I have a question. Does MS just prohibit you from having certain gamertags even if they aren't profane? Like, on xbox.com I searched for the gamertag "Magikarp," and it said no one exists with that gamertag. Yet when I try to change my gamertag to that, it won't let me.
#2JTC87Posted 5/15/2013 5:53:58 PM
Personally, I don't think silver should even exist.
#3Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 5:59:50 PM
JTC87 posted...

I'd agree if you're saying that silver GAMERTAGS shouldn't exist. Why someone can make a clever GT and then not use it is beyond me.

It'd be way funnier if people with gold actually had the clever gamertags. That way, when playing an FPS, you could die and it'd say "You were killed by Ron Jeremy!"

Instead, some dickweed took that name with no intention of playing online, so now I can never be killed by Ron Jeremy.
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/15/2013 6:01:32 PM
I like that feature a lot. As long as the Silver member keeps their data and whatnot. Happened to me in League of Legends last week. Got an email cause I haven't played in ages, meh. I kept my stats so it's coo.

And the gamer tag thing on Xbox is almost always inaccurate. This works better:
http://gamertagchecker.com
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#5Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:07:00 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I like that feature a lot. As long as the Silver member keeps their data and whatnot. Happened to me in League of Legends last week. Got an email cause I haven't played in ages, meh. I kept my stats so it's coo.

I've been using that, and it said that "Magikarp" was available. Yet it won't let me change my GT to it >_>
#6SuperChuuniBrosPosted 5/15/2013 6:10:59 PM
I would be angry. I like my gamertag.
---
Overkill-The best type of kill
Note- Super Chuuni Bros hate Chuunibyou and most fanservice-less moe anime.
#7Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:11:55 PM
SuperChuuniBros posted...
I would be angry. I like my gamertag.

Then all you'd need to do to keep it would be log online once a year.
#8SunDevil77Posted 5/15/2013 6:37:09 PM
Kyle1022 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I've been using that, and it said that "Magikarp" was available. Yet it won't let me change my GT to it >_>

Ah, dunno how to help here. Do you have the 800 points already?
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#9WinterstarPosted 5/15/2013 6:47:38 PM
How I feel is irrelevant.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#10Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 5/15/2013 7:00:06 PM
Kyle1022 posted...
JTC87 posted...

I'd agree if you're saying that silver GAMERTAGS shouldn't exist. Why someone can make a clever GT and then not use it is beyond me.

It'd be way funnier if people with gold actually had the clever gamertags. That way, when playing an FPS, you could die and it'd say "You were killed by Ron Jeremy!"

Instead, some dickweed took that name with no intention of playing online, so now I can never be killed by Ron Jeremy.

That's one of the main things I loved about Return to Castle Wolfenstein's multiplayer. You could change your display name to whatever you wanted. Nothing like killing somebody and it saying that AIDS or syphilis killed them.
---
I have to return some videotapes.