This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if MS did this... (Gamertag related)

#51TheMuffinPosted 5/16/2013 9:54:12 AM
Still pissed I can't have the actual TheMuffin gamertag. Dude created as a secondary account in 2005, used it once with a 48 hour gold trial for his buddy to play COD MW2 and then never touched it again. There should be a way of contacting MS and requesting an unused tag be deactivated.
---
LordAizenSama~ Did you know 99% of murderers wear clothes?
#52metroidman92Posted 5/16/2013 10:01:19 AM(edited)
I'd be happier if they'd just delete my old Xbox 1 GT, so i could change my current GT to that. Somehow, in my initial 360 Live registration, it would only accept my Xbox.com account username, and I got stuck with that. Never had the chance to recover my Xbox1 GT.

Actually, I just ran my old GT thru the checker someone posted on page 1, and it says it's available. Might be overdue for a GT change.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#53thecougPosted 5/16/2013 10:21:30 AM
TheMuffin posted...
Still pissed I can't have the actual TheMuffin gamertag. Dude created as a secondary account in 2005, used it once with a 48 hour gold trial for his buddy to play COD MW2 and then never touched it again. There should be a way of contacting MS and requesting an unused tag be deactivated.

This. I contacted them and begged them to take my money but I guess they don't like my money.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas
#54rusty12000Posted 5/16/2013 11:21:15 AM
Depends on what would happen to everything i paid for on my gamer tag, before i graduated to PC gaming i bought tonnes of XBLA games that id be pretty unhappy about losing.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#55Ryan2002Posted 5/16/2013 11:30:09 AM
Winterstar posted...
Kyle1022 posted...
Winterstar posted...
Joke? That was a joke? Seriously?

Idk. It's more of a "meme" but it's not exactly a meme. Like the saying "Do you even lift?" is replaced with other stuff. It's pretty commonly seen on here.

Perhaps this is your first time on the Internet. Regardless, keep grasping at semantic straws.

You're using a written medium, it behooves you to learn the rules of the language you're communicating in.

Tthis is something used on the internet all the time. Where stupid fads and crap happen every week that baffle grammar nazis like yourself. It's just a stupid internet saying/meme, get over yourself. People KNOW it isn't correct, but use it because it's funny, even if on a childish level, hence the reason to use it. Again, get over yourself.
---
A Jose Conseco Bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
#56TheBlueStigPosted 5/16/2013 11:56:43 AM
Kyle1022 posted...
So you don't think it's wrong that I can't use the GT Magikarp, even though no one currently is using that GT?

Isn't that, like, the definition of an original GT?

It's the name of a f***ing Pokemon character, so no, it's not original at all.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#57HaganPosted 5/16/2013 11:59:52 AM
Sure, I also wish you had a display option, as in I want my name displayed as Mike
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#58Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:44:51 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
It's the name of a f***ing Pokemon character, so no, it's not original at all.

Yes it is.

xXxTh3 F4l13N 4NG31xXx, however, is not. That has too many characters to be an actual GT, but you get my point.
#59Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:45:37 PM
Ryan2002 posted...
Tthis is something used on the internet all the time. Where stupid fads and crap happen every week that baffle grammar nazis like yourself. It's just a stupid internet saying/meme, get over yourself. People KNOW it isn't correct, but use it because it's funny, even if on a childish level, hence the reason to use it. Again, get over yourself.

Right. I thought it was pretty universally known (especially on this site), but I guess not >_>