This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got 100 bucks to spend. I like cheap games. What should I aim for?

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 5/15/2013 8:12:03 PM
As you guys may well know, I love rpg's, but I have so damn many that if you name it, I probably have it, especially lesser known ones that are liked here, like Nier.

I like both wrpg's and jrpg's. I have all the Bioware or Bethesda games I want.

Anything you can recommend? I like games with big open worlds and lots of side content.

I thought about getting dragons dogma da, but I dunno, I read the world is pretty small and its mostly an action game. It only has one town in it, which is a HUGE negative for me.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2BrutalBrockenPosted 5/15/2013 8:20:51 PM
I'm finally starting Darksiders 2 even though I bought it day 1. lots of loot and side quests. If you don't have it maybe you should start it also
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#3CaptainLukaPosted 5/15/2013 8:24:50 PM(edited)
Will you get DA if I inform you that is has... TWO TOWNS?! NOW THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET OUT OF BUYING IT.

No, but seriously, it's worth a play for its class system and large amount of skills/weapons alone.
---
GT/PSN - Tyrannikos
#4HighOnPhazonPosted 5/15/2013 8:34:47 PM
Go buy Diablo 3, because you really seem to want to play that.

The other 40 dollars you can use to buy your gear on the real money auction house, because that is just so awesome.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#5Flamechamp2333(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 8:38:27 PM
the real diablo 3 isn't out yet and will be revealed on may 21st. If ur referring to the beta/alpha version on the PC, no thank you. I want the real d3.

I'm not getting dragons dogma if it only has 1.5 towns. Nier only had 3 and that was way too little.

Anything else guys? Doesn't have to be an rpg or have a big open world.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#6HighOnPhazonPosted 5/15/2013 8:47:23 PM
Why do you think the "real" version will be on 360 Bronze...the game is ass now and it will be ass on the 360.

BTW, Diablo 3 only really has 2 towns. What now son?

Act 1 - New Tristram
Act 2 - Some stupid desert town which is identical to the stupid desert town in Diablo 2
Act 3 - Not a town, a fortress
Act 4 - Not a town, it's heaven and it's horrible

So....
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#7CaptainLukaPosted 5/15/2013 8:49:24 PM
Just curious - why is a small amount of towns such a deal breaker for you? It seems really odd to me. You'll be spending most of your time in a sizable map anyways.
---
GT/PSN - Tyrannikos
#8Flamechamp2333(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 9:42:06 PM
because when you play rpg's, you need a break from the action from dungeons and the world and the only place to do that is towns. When rpg's don't have towns, just look at ff13. Its call of duty w/o towns.

Diablo 3 is a loot crawler, so you really only need one town.
---
#9CaptainLukaPosted 5/15/2013 9:57:35 PM
Flamechamp2333 posted...
because when you play rpg's, you need a break from the action from dungeons and the world and the only place to do that is towns. When rpg's don't have towns, just look at ff13. Its call of duty w/o towns.

Diablo 3 is a loot crawler, so you really only need one town.

I'm sorry, but that logic is hilariously bad. FFXIII not having towns is bad because it's a character driven story. Nier suffered from it, but its amazing story still paid off. A game like Dragon's Dogma...the focus is on the gameplay. Having only two towns isn't a hindrance. It's a blessing. You can get your break in the two towns just fine in DD. Go upgrade items. Shop. Find new Pawns. Configure vocations. Combine materials. You don't need ten towns to do that.
Besides, more towns in Dragon's Dogma would defeat the threat of traveling at night almost entirely.

Saying all RPGs need many towns is asinine and shows a lack of understanding.
---
GT/PSN - Tyrannikos
#10TheBorderColliePosted 5/15/2013 10:02:28 PM
I guess I'd like to know why towns are so important to you to begin with?
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe