This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Slim Open tray problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Slim Open tray problem

User Info: DaltonM

DaltonM
3 years ago#11
If you put a piece of bologna in the disc tray it will fix just about any issue you have with you 360.

Mine got RROD, but after the bologna method I got great results. My 360 is still alive to this day.
Lemme show you this:
http://canv.as/ugc/original/0e13ed99e52799225eb2c8e1406811951c576a87.gif

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
3 years ago#12
If your DVD drive wasn't properly built, sometimes the best thing you can do is get some white lithium grease and put just a drop on the round chrome rails that the laser core rides on, get it moving smoothly again.

Cleaning the lens stack while you're in there is a good idea as well.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

User Info: BrutalBrocken

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#13
No, I didnt destroy it by attempting to fix it. I destroyed it for spare parts for a friend. I was already planning on getting a new Xbox next month anyways since this one has been running like crap for a while, Now I will be putting it completely out of its misery soon. Hopefully a new cheaper 360 model will be announced tomorrow
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Slim Open tray problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived