This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one Battlefield 3 expansion would you recommend?

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 5/16/2013 2:51:02 PM
I don't have any of the DLC, but had 600 points for a map pack. I heard Karkand and Endgame are the best, but not really sure on which one to get.
#2kat_14_Posted 5/16/2013 3:04:44 PM
I have premium (all dlc) and I enjoyed Endgame the most. Good maps + dirt bikes + capture the flag = :-) Is it endgame that also added air superiority? Because that's always fun to play every now and then too. Either way, I'd definitely go with endgame.
#3oJoRdAn23o(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 4:35:25 PM
kat_14_ posted...
I have premium (all dlc) and I enjoyed Endgame the most. Good maps + dirt bikes + capture the flag = :-) Is it endgame that also added air superiority? Because that's always fun to play every now and then too. Either way, I'd definitely go with endgame.

I've heard mixed reviews about it, but the dirt bikes look like a lot of fun
#4SparkItUpPosted 5/16/2013 4:41:30 PM(edited)
Go with B2k if you don't have it...it's the best well rounded pack

Aftermath is pretty much only good for the gimmicky xbow

Endgame is really only good for the dirtbike (CTF is horrible)

Armored Kill has the most beautiful maps...but they are too big for consoles (they are basically vehicle based maps)

Close Quarters is a good choice simply for the new weapons...The game modes however that it comes with feel more like CoD however

B2K probably has the best maps really of all of the map packs. They aren't to big or small...pretty much just right.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#5lokinineteenPosted 5/16/2013 4:49:10 PM(edited)
I agree with that guy! Karkand or Endgame are the best two to get. I dont play much BF3 anymore but when I do its Capture the Flag, so much fun sneaking in and robbing their flag.

The others are ok and depending on what kinda modes you like they may suit you better.

Edit: that guy = kat_14

Edit2: SparkItUp has pretty much hit the nail on the head with his descriptions except "ctf sucks." Im not a fan of ctf but really enjoy it with this game.
#6Pacman2dxPosted 5/16/2013 4:49:47 PM
Get yourself another 600 points and get the full premium package, assuming it's still on sale.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley
#7SparkItUpPosted 5/16/2013 4:54:44 PM(edited)
lokinineteen posted...
I agree with that guy! Karkand or Endgame are the best two to get. I dont play much BF3 anymore but when I do its Capture the Flag, so much fun sneaking in and robbing their flag.

The others are ok and depending on what kinda modes you like they may suit you better.

Edit: that guy = kat_14

Edit2: SparkItUp has pretty much hit the nail on the head with his descriptions except "ctf sucks." Im not a fan of ctf but really enjoy it with this game.

I should have gone into detail as to why, but really it just infuriates me because it could have been the most epic mode...

The maps are great but, what I really don't like about the CTF gamemode is the open spawns....It really kills the gametype. You join a game and hop in a vehicle only to blow up because a support is in your spawn and waiting for people to spawn in the vehicles.and after you kill that support, you find out there are 2 snipers behind your spawn.

had they kept the closed spawns, i would love it...but the spawn raiders really just piss me off. It might not be that bad in core (in my experience it is) but it is horrible in hardcore.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#8oJoRdAn23o(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 4:59:47 PM
Pacman2dx posted...
Get yourself another 600 points and get the full premium package, assuming it's still on sale.

You save 1200 points, it doesn't cost 1200 points.
#9QuBixPosted 5/16/2013 5:36:40 PM
All of the DLC was awesome. If you really enjoy COD style gameplay get CQ, if you enjoy the traditional BF get EG. Now if you want a good mix, get AM.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix
#10Pacman2dxPosted 5/16/2013 5:58:51 PM
oJoRdAn23o posted...
Pacman2dx posted...

You save 1200 points, it doesn't cost 1200 points.

Oh well .. that sucks, woulda been an awesome buy for 1200 points.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley