This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some quick info about 360 faceplates... regarding their worth if any.

#1Waffle manPosted 5/16/2013 7:37:14 PM
I just got back from the Good Will today and snatched a sealed Japanese import 360 faceplate. Apparently it's the Pink Balloon one. I looked for anything similar selling on ebay and didn't come away with any results.

Model #: B4L-00010

Manufactured in 2005 it looks like, right near launch or at it I assume.

Does anyone know if there is a still a market for face plates or would I be smarter to just craigslist it and save time? Thoughts, experiences?
---
They should have a stronger word for killing. Like BadWrong. Or, baddong. Yes, Killing is Baddong. - The Chosen One
#2glassghost0Posted 5/16/2013 7:44:02 PM
Well, to import a similar one, at least from the same series I believe, from YESASIA is $44 US

So I wouldn't sell it for any less than $15 or $20.

But, since a normal person isn't gonna want it, you're basically gonna have to find a collector.

I would put it on ebay
---
No Thanks
#3Waffle man(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 7:46:50 PM
Well, it looks like it would be worth the time to post it up there then. You're right though, it'd be pretty tough to sell locally. Not a lot of people really mess with faceplates, and I'm sure a pink one isn't high on the list to put on the xbox lol. Anyway, thanks for the help.
---
They should have a stronger word for killing. Like BadWrong. Or, baddong. Yes, Killing is Baddong. - The Chosen One
#4Super CreaturesPosted 5/16/2013 7:49:55 PM
I would think the only market for faceplates would be for the special/limited/collector's/etc edition ones, like the Deathsmiles CE faceplate.

Basic ones just seem like they would be too easy to find, and most people wouldn't be interested as they are nothing special.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5Waffle man(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 7:52:45 PM
Super Creatures posted...
I would think the only market for faceplates would be for the special/limited/collector's/etc edition ones, like the Deathsmiles CE faceplate.

Basic ones just seem like they would be too easy to find, and most people wouldn't be interested as they are nothing special.

That may be true... but since I paid $2.99 for it and it's brand new... I guess you just never know lol. There might be someone out there who wants it for $15 or so. If it turns out that no one wants it, I'll just put the damn thing on my 360 I guess. I've never had a faceplate on there before. Although, it'd kill me to open it probably. It's all ... imported... and special... in my own mind.
---
#6SparkItUpPosted 5/16/2013 7:58:18 PM
http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=44169N

^ is that it TC? Give it a listing with the bidding starting around 29.99 and see if it sells.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#7Waffle man(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:03:03 PM
SparkItUp posted...

^ is that it TC? Give it a listing with the bidding starting around 29.99 and see if it sells.

Yes, that is the one. It comes in one of those obnoxiously large plumped out plastic boxes like a lot of the early MicroMerch came in (points cards, etc.). I was very surprised to see it at the junk store.
---
#8Gunvalkyrie2Posted 5/16/2013 8:17:22 PM
it's worthless
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#9MK_GodPosted 5/16/2013 9:10:17 PM
Waffle man posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Yes, that is the one. It comes in one of those obnoxiously large plumped out plastic boxes like a lot of the early MicroMerch came in (points cards, etc.). I was very surprised to see it at the junk store.

ahh the good ol' days...
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins