This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the Scariest 360 game i could possibly buy?

#11Pharsti01Posted 5/17/2013 3:06:58 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
Condemned Criminal Origins
Shellshock 2 Blood Trails

The only thing scary about Shellschock 2 is how bad the game is....

Condemned would probably be your best choice, or if youre more interested in interesting takes on the genre Deadly Premonition, not scary per se, but so good.
#12SparkItUpPosted 5/17/2013 4:00:31 AM
stargazer1981 posted...
There's such a thing as "scary video games"? Since when?

Kinda with this...I have played some that were suspenseful and I've played some that had scary environments...but I've never actually been afraid of a videogame.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#13Halo_ForeverPosted 5/17/2013 5:54:36 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
Halo_Forever posted...

Condemned would probably be your best choice, or if youre more interested in interesting takes on the genre Deadly Premonition, not scary per se, but so good.

If you can recommend Deadly Premonition you can recommend Shellshock as Shellshock is the better GAME of the two, though Deadly Premonition has its own quirky charm.

I would say that Shellshock 2 shows Spec Ops the Line how to make a situation seem completely hopeless, I have never played a game where the main character seems as completely ****ed as in Shellshock 2. Being stuck against White Knight victims with three shotgun shells left and the sidearm empty is one of the scariest thing I've witnessed in a game (and I have played my share of horror games).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#14Pharsti01Posted 5/17/2013 6:06:39 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Halo_Forever posted...

If you can recommend Deadly Premonition you can recommend Shellshock as Shellshock is the better GAME of the two, though Deadly Premonition has its own quirky charm.

I would say that Shellshock 2 shows Spec Ops the Line how to make a situation seem completely hopeless, I have never played a game where the main character seems as completely ****ed as in Shellshock 2. Being stuck against White Knight victims with three shotgun shells left and the sidearm empty is one of the scariest thing I've witnessed in a game (and I have played my share of horror games).

Shellshock 2 is almost unplayable as far as im concerned, an insult to games in general...... (Amy and Xblades are actually more playable than that thing) i can only point it to anyone as a "how not to make games" thing. Didnt even know there existed anyone who thought contrary, i know, i know, opinions, preferences, still, sometimes something is just so bad that it leaves you dumbfounded when hearing someone praise it XD

I definitely would never say its a "better game" than..... even ios shovelware..... And comparing it to Spec Ops is just.....

Lets just agree to disagree on that matter.

The first Shellshock was rather good thou, even that one was miles better than its successor.
#15tubb311Posted 5/17/2013 6:09:15 AM
Condemned
#16FishbulbPosted 5/17/2013 6:22:30 AM
Dead Space has a lot of great jump scares.

Silent Hill 1 and 2 were great in their time.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#17Arucard05Posted 5/17/2013 6:26:18 AM
There's such a thing as "scary video games"? Since when?

Feb 17, 2011

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/978772-amnesia-the-dark-descent
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#18BingSanpaoPosted 5/17/2013 6:29:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
#19B1241710017Posted 5/17/2013 6:51:55 AM
The Evil Within is releasing in the future, looks promising
---
X360/Steam: Banandon
AMD PhenomII X4 965 3.4GHz~Biostar A880GZ~G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB~Hitachi 160GB HDD~Sapphire HD7770 1GB~Thermaltake V4~Corsair 430W
#20Halo_ForeverPosted 5/17/2013 7:03:26 AM
To give you a bit of context I own nearly half of the X360 retail library and a fourth of the library of the original Xbox.

Pharsti01 posted...
Shellshock 2 is almost unplayable as far as im concerned, an insult to games in general.....

The first two levels against the Vietcong are definitely not the highlights of the game, but even then it is a lot better than Turning Point, Rouge Warrior and those games. Once White Knight enters the game it becomes much better.

(Amy and Xblades are actually more playable than that thing)

X-Blades is another game that I don't understand the hate for. I kept hearing about some broken level that would drown you in frustration from OHK falls, but I played through the entire game and never ran into such a level (there was one optional room that might have been like that, but it hardly constitutes as the game being unbeatable because of it).

Amy played like crap though.

Didnt even know there existed anyone who thought contrary, i know, i know, opinions, preferences, still, sometimes something is just so bad that it leaves you dumbfounded when hearing someone praise it XD

I bought the game specifically because I wanted to see how bad it was, however as I was playing I found it okay in the beginning (for comparison a genuinely bad game like WWII Combat Iwo Jima started by having you cross an annoying minefield under enemy fire.) and when White Knight entered the picture it quickly rose to one of my favorite horror games of the gen. There are few games that genuinely make me not want to enter a place, but Shellshock 2 manged to do it.

I definitely would never say its a "better game" than..... even ios shovelware..... And comparing it to Spec Ops is just.....

Spec Ops the Line is generally the better game on every front, but Shellshock does the "we are so ****ed"-atmosphere better.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....