This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overall, do you consider the Indie games channel to be a positive or negative?

#1pothocketPosted 5/17/2013 6:05:54 AM
On the one hand, I'm all for the support of people making their own games and MS allowing their release on the 360 platform (which is kinda a big deal).

On the other hand, 90% of the games are an embarrassment and people should be ashamed releasing them to the public let alone asking for actual money.

So, regardless of whether or not you like/play any of the indie games, do you think the indie channel has done more harm or good for the 360's image?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2Jiggy101011Posted 5/17/2013 6:11:11 AM
EZ Muse+ is by far one of my favorite things to hit the arcade/indie market. While I agree that there are a swarm of horrible indie games on there, at the same time there are some $60 retail games that come out and I think to myself how were they released at all?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx124/chimpsonf1re/2011-04-16_195438.jpg
#3rusty12000Posted 5/17/2013 7:04:18 AM
its decent but certainly could be improved.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4CrankShaftPosted 5/17/2013 7:52:00 AM
there is a crazy amount of bad games in the indie section and there are few awesome games that you can pick up for a buck so im happy with the indie section.
#5Arucard05Posted 5/17/2013 7:53:05 AM
It's a good idea that Microsoft had absolutely no idea what to do with.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#6Killah PriestPosted 5/17/2013 7:54:03 AM
I consider anything associated with "indie" negative.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7corex3dPosted 5/17/2013 8:01:00 AM
its okay but theres so many crappy games people might not even know that it has some really fun games on there too
#8jenekiPosted 5/17/2013 8:27:31 AM
Anyone who regularly chats on console message boards should have no issues separating the gems from the rocks. Besides, every one of them has a demo so it's not like I'm losing any money by trying them out. So yea, very positive for me.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#9nothingbeastPosted 5/17/2013 8:30:11 AM
If no other reason, i'm happy for it because of the occasional "Two Best Friends Play Indie Games".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxKP0vn4sik

But there are a couple decent games I've paid a buck for.

Miner Dig Deep was definitely worth the price.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#10Super CreaturesPosted 5/17/2013 8:35:51 AM(edited)
nothingbeast posted...
But there are a couple decent games I've paid a buck for.

Hell, there are at least a couple I've paid $3 for.

I don't remember if Aphelion and Aphelion 2 are the only $3 Indie games (Edited, since I remember I did by Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on GoD when it was $3) I've bought or not, but they are definitely worth it (except for that stupid new game+ bug in 2 where the main character on the scientist you save in 1 always start at the level they were at at the end of your first playthrough, instead of at the level they were at at the end of your most recently playthrough like the other characters do) if you are a fan of PS1 era turn-based RPGs.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.