This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite BoardGame made into xbla game

#11dannyaqPosted 5/17/2013 8:28:37 AM
i have to say catan has the best online community ever. even though people never have mics, people know to not use the robber to steal before a player gets at least 1 more point. I'm contunally shocked at how friendly and cooperative people are in adopting this unofficial rule.

but i like carcassonne better as a game.

just wondering is ticket to ride still alive and kicking? With the other two you can find a game any time of the day within a minute. i would buy ticket to ride if i knew it was the same.

also if you like online board games, try greed corp. it is a turn based strategy game that basically plays like a board game. unfortunately online was dead within a week for that game. send me an invite if you ever want to play though, one of my favorite games ever.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#12klcomanPosted 5/17/2013 8:29:27 AM
Catan is fun but w/out cities and knights/seafarers/traders and barbarian expansions it pales in comparison to the board game.
---
xbox live dklco 007
#13pothocketPosted 5/17/2013 8:38:33 AM(edited)
I've played the actual Ticket to Ride and it's probably the worst "designer" boardgame I've ever had the misfortune of suffering through.

I made ONE decision every 3-5 turns or so. Most of the time, when it was my turn, I wasn't actually doing anything. Just stuck going through the motions of that one decision I made 3 turns ago. That's just dumb.

Off the top of my head, the only game that annoyed me more was Shadows Over Camalot.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:56:21 AM
Winterstar posted...
pothocket posted...
None of that mass market crap

Here's an epic list of epic boardgames:

Power Grid

Twilight Struggle

Eclipse

Arkham Horror

Shogun

War of the Ring

Twilight Imperium 3rd edition

And I'll through in some card games too:

The Mystery Rummy series of card games

Race for the Galaxy

Catan, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride aren't "mass market crap". The games you list are good ones (I own Arkham Horror), but they are some of the more involved boards games. There's a place for "lighter" niche games too, like Gloom, Elder Sign, Zombies!!!, Zombie Dice, Munchkin, Tsuro, and others...just like there's a place for games like Risk (especially Risk 2210 AD), Go, Chess, and others.

zombie dice is suprisingly fun, and ive pulled out munchkin (the card game) twice when the family visited and it was really fast and easy to teach how to play and everyone including my grandma had fun playing. just yesterday i bought awful green things from space, looking forward to playing.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#15WinterstarPosted 5/17/2013 10:34:01 AM
darkhare posted...
zombie dice is suprisingly fun, and ive pulled out munchkin (the card game) twice when the family visited and it was really fast and easy to teach how to play and everyone including my grandma had fun playing. just yesterday i bought awful green things from space, looking forward to playing.

Everyone I've introduced to Zombie Dice has enjoyed that game. It's easy to learn and quick to play. It's a brilliant design.
#16darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:52:38 AM
Winterstar posted...
darkhare posted...

Everyone I've introduced to Zombie Dice has enjoyed that game. It's easy to learn and quick to play. It's a brilliant design.

if you had the oppertunity to turn any boardgame into a xbla game which one would you choose?

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.