This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead island first time player

#1DarkhorseActualPosted 5/17/2013 9:31:42 AM
Wife picked me up the goty edition last night as a small gift

Gotta say, It's an awesome coincidence, I've recently been watching my buddy playing riptide, and was the first time I had seen the DI series in action. As a big Fan of first person games (first grew up on Duke 3D and shadow warrior) it actually looked awesome. So I was thinking about getting a dead island game and she picked right without even knowing. Was I glad she did!

The game is great! Yeah it has its issues, but wow what an addictive and violently satisfying game!!! Wish I had tried this sooner! Love the combat, love the level design and colors, and LOVE the tension. Def gonna pick up DI:R here soon when it gets cheap.

Y'all like the series?
---
GT: ThatguyFromDOOM (no XBL gold until march 15th)
3rd Btn 2nd Marines - kilo co. 2009-2012
#2glassghost0Posted 5/17/2013 9:36:00 AM
The first is pretty good, haven't played the second. I would certainly change some things if I could, and yeah it has some issues, but overall it's good. Even better if you play with friends
---
No Thanks
#3DarkhorseActual(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:37:20 AM
I guess my bigger complaints are just the crap Interface and not being able to Manuel save
---
#4beautifuldreamsPosted 5/17/2013 9:43:00 AM
the weapon deterioration was a game breaker for me. even with all weapon slots available, i'd burn through my weapons, then have to break from play and use that crappy interface to reload. i love weapon deterioration in games, but it was ridiculous in Dead Island
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#5Killah PriestPosted 5/17/2013 9:45:32 AM
screw that spanish save system we need an american one.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6ShadowElite86Posted 5/17/2013 10:58:37 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, but for some reason I just couldn't get into Riptide despite it being basically an expansion.
#7abbeldydooPosted 5/17/2013 11:04:28 AM
Didn't they make it to where the weapon deterioration was not as bad in riptide?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#8nothingbeastPosted 5/17/2013 11:04:36 AM
I really enjoyed the first one.

Though I should add that my nephew gave me his copy for free.

I'm probably gonna pick up Riptide after a price drop or two.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#9DarkhorseActual(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 12:08:33 PM
Weapons degrading actually adds more tension in my opinion, now far cry 2 that's annoying
---
#10shawnmckPosted 5/17/2013 12:53:05 PM
I've been a fan of the game from Day-1.
And I actually was watching the game when it was first announced many years ago. And I was not disappointed.
Why some people bash this game stems from different reasons, but mostly they are petty reasons.
It's okay if it's not the game for you, but to claim that the combat sucks or that the game was nothing like the trailer so therefore it sucks, is just plain idiotic.
Is the game perfect, of course not...but it does a lot more right than it does wrong...and I don't understand how so many other games are guilty of the exact same problems that this game has, but they are excused why this game gets bashed.

Some people just hate zombie games and love to bash any new zombie game that comes out...others view this game as competition with Borderlands (since they play similar) and therefore have to childishly criticize the game...some people legitimately had bugs or glitches ruin the game for them. But overall, its a great game that gets way too much hate.

Definitely one of the most underrated games this gen.