This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I put the New Slim Xbox Hard Drive into the Old Xbox?

#1XxTwisted26xXPosted 5/18/2013 11:52:10 AM
I opened the case of my 250 gig hard drive and put it into my new Xbox Slim (because, 2 gigs is a joke). But can I still use it on the old xbox's?

(I'm asking because I travel a lot and my family and friends still have the old, stock xbox from when they were first released)
#2Embo-1Posted 5/18/2013 11:53:19 AM
nope
---
Bolt actions speak louder than words
#3Lucha_VillaPosted 5/18/2013 11:54:59 AM
I think you can. Just make sure you know how to put back the old xbox hard drive housing together.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 5/18/2013 12:02:52 PM
Yet another "do it at your own risk" topic.

Yes it CAN be done, but doing it falls under the Hardware Tampering section of the Live ToS and they can easily ban your account and hardware for it and void your warranty when they see that your old 360 has far more storage space than it rightfully should.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:05:47 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Yet another "do it at your own risk" topic.

Yes it CAN be done, but doing it falls under the Hardware Tampering section of the Live ToS and they can easily ban your account and hardware for it and void your warranty when they see that your old 360 has far more storage space than it rightfully should.

Wait, how does that make any sense? I'm using a 250 gig hard drive from an old xbox 360 on other old xboxs 360s.
#6XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:07:06 PM
Crap I should have worded this topic better.

I mean, once I put an old Xbox 360 hard drive into the Xbox 360 slim, can I put it back into the old Xbox 360?
#7TheBlueStigPosted 5/18/2013 12:08:34 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Crap I should have worded this topic better.

I mean, once I put an old Xbox 360 hard drive into the Xbox 360 slim, can I put it back into the old Xbox 360?

You definitely should've worded things better, yes you can go back to old systems, but only if you can get it back in its original casing again.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:11:14 PM
Eeek! Time to watch youtube videos on doing this
#9TheMuffinPosted 5/18/2013 12:16:38 PM
You can. But honestly, I would just have a flash drive handy so you can transfer over the saves/files you want and just leave the HDD attached to your slim. Easier that way. Hell I just leave my profile, themes, gamerpics and the like on my Flash drive and keep game installs on the HDD. That way I just pop saves onto the Flash drive and head on out.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#10NeVaRmoorePosted 5/18/2013 2:40:10 PM
You can, but it's a process of removing the hdd from the slim casing and inserting it into an oldschool one. Personally, I made myself a pigtail adapter for this same purpose and just cut out the middle work.