This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I like the fact that the 360 is still backwards compatible with the Xbox

#1PrettyBoyMarthPosted 5/18/2013 10:39:35 PM
something the PS3 and Wii phased out. It's nice to pop in some Need for Speed Underground 2 or Panzer Dragoon Orta every once in a while.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 475
#2flame030191Posted 5/18/2013 10:41:48 PM(edited)
Problem is most games aren't supported, and most that are supported are emulated in a very poor way.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#3That1GuyyPosted 5/18/2013 11:21:09 PM
PS3 and I believe the Wii used hardware emulation. Which is to say that there is actual hardware dedicated to emulating the PS2 in the PS3. This means that every game is compatible, but every PS3 costs more and is larger due to additional hardware. The new PS3 are so slim because they have no hardware emulators in them.

The Xbox 360 uses software emulation. Software emulation is cheaper because there are no hardware costs associated with it, but games have to be individually supported when more general code fails to make them work. So a lot of games aren't supported because Microsoft sees no point in paying people to write code to get the games (almost) no one plays supported. Game behaviors may also not be the same on a software emulator as they are in the original version.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#4CashewPosted 5/18/2013 11:42:46 PM
That1Guyy posted...
PS3 and I believe the Wii used hardware emulation. Which is to say that there is actual hardware dedicated to emulating the PS2 in the PS3. This means that every game is compatible, but every PS3 costs more and is larger due to additional hardware. The new PS3 are so slim because they have no hardware emulators in them.

The Xbox 360 uses software emulation. Software emulation is cheaper because there are no hardware costs associated with it, but games have to be individually supported when more general code fails to make them work. So a lot of games aren't supported because Microsoft sees no point in paying people to write code to get the games (almost) no one plays supported. Game behaviors may also not be the same on a software emulator as they are in the original version.

I dont say this very often and it really annoys me when people nit pick about this sort of thing but, the way you type and use grammar is bleh.. PS3 and I? Is your PS3 sentient? Does it speak to you? You have conversations? What are you try to say... ugh nevermind.
---
My give a damn is busted.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 5/18/2013 11:45:53 PM
Problem is most games aren't supported, and most that are supported are emulated in a very poor way.

Very true. Still, at least I got to play a poorly emulated KOTOR.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#6TravisCombsPosted 5/18/2013 11:46:20 PM
I dont say this very often and it really annoys me when people nit pick about this sort of thing but, the way you type and use grammar is bleh.. PS3 and I? Is your PS3 sentient? Does it speak to you? You have conversations? What are you try to say... ugh nevermind.

...No comment.
---
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Antec Neo Eco 520C | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7
#7Lucha_VillaPosted 5/18/2013 11:54:00 PM

...No comment.

LOL that was my thought at first, then I realized how stupid "PS3 and I..." sounds.
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 5/18/2013 11:55:23 PM
I am sure he/she meant "PS3, and I believe the Wii, used..."
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#9kingwutuguPosted 5/19/2013 12:06:31 AM
it's b/c after the wii put their titles up for download sony and microsoft figured they should do the same and recharge for their classics as well.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#10Lucha_VillaPosted 5/19/2013 12:17:05 AM
I am sure he/she meant "PS3, and I believe the Wii, used..."

People are forgetting how commas work :/