This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Damn, Crysis is awesome

#1Dr JackalPosted 5/19/2013 2:04:13 AM(edited)
I never played it on a gaming PC, so my first Crysis game was Crysis 2. Then I got the free download ticket from getting Crysis 3. I fired it up earlier and I am liking it a ton.

Crysis IMO so far from what I've played is waaaay better than Crysis 2. It just isn't close. I like the environments more, as they are a lot more open. It seems the environments are more destructable.The combat just flows more smoothly IMO.

Really enjoying this so far. I thought Crysis 2 was a good game for shooter's standards, but overall didn't leave this lasting impression with me as a great game.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: DI: Riptide, Metal Gear Rising, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandora's Tower
#2AvisonPosted 5/19/2013 2:06:14 AM
And can you believe they are both crap compared to the first one?
---
-True knowledge is understanding why you truly know nothing.
GT: "Avison Atrius" BB Mains: Hakumen, Arakune
#3Dr Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 2:08:53 AM
I haven't played 3 yet, but so far Crysis 2 is definitely not nearly as good as the first IMO. It just seems like they scaled back in so many areas.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: DI: Riptide, Metal Gear Rising, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandora's Tower
#4kyle78Posted 5/19/2013 5:32:55 AM
Agreed the first one is awesome, the second is okay. As for the third, I got bored and stopped playing it.
---
Game credits roll, and all I see is a whole lot of useless positions and titles. No wonder why they cost what they do.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 5/19/2013 5:34:16 AM
First one is great, second one is not so great, third one is even less great.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 5/19/2013 6:32:56 AM
First one was great until about the 3/4 mark. Then it became crap.
2 was alright throughout. Haven't bothered with 3 since it looked like a quickly made cheap cash cow.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7TheBlueStigPosted 5/19/2013 7:29:57 AM
The first Crysis just felt like Far Cry with a super suit to me, I like the second one better.

Plus there's a bug at the end of the first game on the hardest difficulty, the lock-on weapon fails to kill the final boss.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8Shy420Posted 5/19/2013 7:38:47 AM
Far Cry, now that was a great game on the PC but yeah Crysis is a pretty sweet game. I did enjoy Crysis 2 except for all the aliens I would have enjoyed it much more if it was all military. Three I didn't bother with. I heard a lot of bad things about it then watched videos and determined it wasn't quite for me.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#9pothocketPosted 5/19/2013 8:09:00 AM
I prefer Crysis with all the improvements and refinements that 2 and 3 added.

1 is a good game, the gameplay just isn't as polished as it's sequels.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 5/19/2013 8:50:56 AM
First one was great imo. 2nd was boring
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS