This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Multiplayer is getting old

#1dtaylor0093Posted 5/19/2013 8:08:55 AM
Anybody else getting tired of tacked-on multiplayer, on single player games? I think it cripples single player mode making it a mediocre product.
#2SparkItUpPosted 5/19/2013 8:11:18 AM
dtaylor0093 posted...
Anybody else getting tired of tacked-on multiplayer, on single player games? I think it cripples single player mode making it a mediocre product.

agreed 100%...Some games just aren't meant to have it and it really drives the overall quality of the game down. Thing is however, a lot of devs feel the same way, it's just publishers that want it on that are the problem.

Spec Ops: The Line is like this...Fantastic single player, but the multiplayer, while not horrible, just feels like it was not needed and it really felt like they were trying to make it a TPS version of CoD.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#3SunDevil77Posted 5/19/2013 8:12:16 AM
I don't love it, but it's a common misconception that it takes away from the single player.
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#4GaratuzoPosted 5/19/2013 8:14:17 AM
I don't love it, but it's a common misconception that it takes away from the single player.

Well as multiplayer popularity grows, quality of single player mode decreases.
#5majinbuu58Posted 5/19/2013 8:15:43 AM
Garatuzo posted...

Proof? Examples?

The opposite seems to happen more often than this. Far Cry 3 has an amazing single player but the mp is garbage. This wasn't true in the past.
#6SunDevil77Posted 5/19/2013 8:20:00 AM
Tomb Raider as well. Great single player. S*** multi.
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 5/19/2013 8:20:21 AM
Garatuzo posted...

Proof? Examples?

The opposite seems to happen more often than this. Far Cry 3 has an amazing single player but the mp is garbage. This wasn't true in the past.

Almost every FPS of this generation.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#8TrugamerPosted 5/19/2013 8:22:10 AM
I have been pretty bored with it for some time stopped playing Halo about 2 years ago.
The 2 series I adored on Xbox Ghost Recon and R6 hardly even exist this gen.
I really enjoyed BC2 the most of any MP this gen then BF3 is a huge let down and a giant turd totally destroyed by rent to boot servers with a massive community of jackasses.

I am seriously not going to renew gold when it's up in a few month from now and just going to do my limited online gaming on the PS3 from then on.
#9majinbuu58Posted 5/19/2013 8:22:40 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Garatuzo posted...

Proof? Examples?

Almost every FPS of this generation.

How many FPS games have had decent single players in the past anyways? Can you remember the story of goldeneye? Perfect Dark? The original COD? BF2 (lol)?

Least we got Metro and Vanquish this gen
#10Carribean_CoolPosted 5/19/2013 8:26:58 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
Garatuzo posted...

Proof? Examples?

Mass Effect 3.

The SP was such a huge step backwards compared to the previous games. People argue that MP had it's own dev team, but that doesn't change the fact that it was using the exact same budget and resources from the SP. There was a ton of stuff that was going to make it in the SP, that was cut.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.