This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have had 4 replacement slim consoles (graphics issue)

#21Darkest_Souls(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:18:14 PM
United_States posted...
Topic creator, I am so glad you noticed this! I got my slim Xbox when it first came out, and I also noticed that the lines were completely not smooth and stuff compared to my old white one. I tried searching online forever for why this was happening and I even sent it in to Xbox support thinking they could fix it. But nothing was ever fixed. I'm used to the jagged lines now that it's been a few years, but I still have no idea why it got worse. I tried showing the jagged lines to the other people I live with, but they thought I was crazy.

I am glad I am not the only one!

Yeah literally the same day I got the Slim and I took out the old white xbox I noticed there was a glaring immediate difference right away and all my settings were the same and I ever toyed around with the settings but it was still a pain to look at. I have somewhat gotten used to it but its really ridiculous that they advertise it was the same console when in reality they changed some things.
---
You said I am great. The feeling isn't mutual.
#22Lucha_VillaPosted 5/20/2013 10:20:47 PM
Bro I wish you took pictures of the pre-slim xbox during gameplay.
#23Darkest_Souls(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:40:58 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
Bro I wish you took pictures of the pre-slim xbox during gameplay.

Me too, it is long gone now. It is just nice to know I am not the only one with a problem like this and it is funny how you started out by saying I was making all this up but you jumped the gun way too early. I love to play Xbox games but I dont want the experience hampered by unnecessarily lower quality graphics on supposedly the same console as before.
---
#24googlerPosted 5/20/2013 10:47:57 PM
I tried with a slim and and a launch Japanese console through VGA and both are the same. Tried Dead Space 2, and A.Creed Revelations, and Bioshock Infinite
#25BeefEasterPosted 5/21/2013 1:44:44 AM
I have an elite and my brother in law has a slim

I used his slim for a few days while I was waiting for a wireless adapter and I can say with 100% certainty there is zero graphical difference between the two consoles

you're either attempting to troll us of you've convinced yourself you're seeing something you're not
#26Spidey555Posted 5/21/2013 4:17:47 AM
There is 0 difference. It is all a digital feed.

I have a slim and a white old console and 0 difference. However it may be your tv, did you get a new one recently? Some tvs are better than others.
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#27Darkest_Souls(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 6:07:05 AM
Spidey555 posted...
There is 0 difference. It is all a digital feed.

I have a slim and a white old console and 0 difference. However it may be your tv, did you get a new one recently? Some tvs are better than others.

I actually tried this on 3 different tvs which led me to the conclusion that is probably the console and thats just the way it is. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason my white had better AA or something.

I just want it to away I could care less about trolling.
---
#28Super CreaturesPosted 5/21/2013 6:17:49 AM
BeefEaster posted...
if the slims had inferior or different hardware they wouldn't be able to run the games at all

Actually, IIRC, the Slims do have different hardware.

They use a faster CPU, that is underclocked to run at the same speed as the original CPU.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#29Spidey555Posted 5/21/2013 7:03:07 AM
any way to overclock the cpu? or is that asking for trouble and will mess up games?
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#30Super CreaturesPosted 5/21/2013 7:22:43 AM
You want a system known to have overheating issues to generate even more heat?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.