This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's a list of all the games I ever played, recommend me games I didn't play

#11GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/21/2013 2:28:21 AM
Braid, Shadow Complex, megaman 9 and 10, orange box (five excellent games for dirt cheap), portal 2, Mark of the Ninja, puzzle fighter 2

Off the top of my head.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#12Oakland510_(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 2:59:38 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
That's a pretty small list...

You liked FFXII, so... Xenoblade Chronicles.

I also highly recommend Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals.

That's why I need you guys to help my list grow
#13iluvyomummaPosted 5/21/2013 3:02:25 AM
Not sure who said it above but definitely the Batman Arkham series. I saw the Arkham origins trailer today and it reminded me how good these two games were.

Also i'm just going to throw it in there to rep them but my favourite game of all time is sonic the hedgehog 2. play sonic 1, 2, 3 sonic and knuckles and sonic cd for some old school retro lols
#14nonexistingheroPosted 5/21/2013 5:41:53 AM(edited)
Oakland510_ posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
That's a pretty small list...

You liked FFXII, so... Xenoblade Chronicles.

I also highly recommend Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals.

That's why I need you guys to help my list grow

Lol. Well, another good 'game' to start with would be Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection. I believe it has around 40 Genesis/Mega Drive games on it and most of them are classics. The Sonic games, Comix Zone, some Phantasy Star games (doubt you'll be able to stomach any aside from perhaps PSIV), Gunstar Heroes, Altered Beast (pretty average or mediocre in general... but it takes about 15-30 minutes to beat it and should be fun for long enough), Ecco the Dolphin, Dynamite Headdy, The Story of Thor (like top-view Zelda), Ristar, Shinobi 3, the Streets of Rage games (best beat 'm up games ever... especially 2 & 3), Vectorman, Kid Chameleon and more.

If you can find it, it's probably the biggest bang for your buck that you can get, in terms of quality games. Well, unless you really can't stand retro gaming at all, but I still enjoy every single one of the games I mentioned.

My own list would be too huge though... probably somewhere between 1000 and 2000 games played. At least 600-700 of them beaten. I had a list of beaten games, but I quit making updates at least 5 years ago and it was already at 500+. They're all console, handheld or PC games, so I wasn't counting flash games or mobile games (it's not like any mobile game would've really been worth mentioning until recent years and even now it's still rare to find one).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15nothingbeastPosted 5/21/2013 6:00:51 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Most of the games you couldn't finish are fantastic. It seems recommending games to you is pointless.

I gotta go with this.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#16ethan3210Posted 5/22/2013 8:25:57 PM
I recommend playing a lot of games, most of which are kind of... niche? JRPGy... though a few are so good anyone should play them.

Gamecube:
Tales of Symphonia
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim
Baten Kaitos

Wii:
Xenoblade Chronicles (one of the best for the system, possibly even generation)
The Last Story (for a JRPG fan)
Pandora's Tower (J/ARPG fan)
Arc Rise Fantasia (if you're a JRPG fan, it's great, if not... meh)

PS2:
.hack series (JRPG, very grindy)
.hack//GU series (less grindy, newer)
Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 (JRPG & visual novel elements).
Tales of the Abyss (I'm recommending it even though you *'d it, maybe if you had a reason I wouldn't)

PS3:
Tales of Graces F (it's... different than the others in the series. In a good and bad way.)
Ni No Kuni (Studio Ghibli, it's one of the best-looking RPGs out there. In art style, at least)
Atelier Totori (another JRPG, notice the trend...?)

Xbox 360:
Dark Souls
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia

And... one game I will recommend no matter what. The best game I've played in my entire life:

NIER.

It's a JRPG that's very unlike JRPGs, closer to an ARPG with JRPG elements, as well as bullet hell, text-based adventure, platforming, action, and FPS elements. Amazing soundtrack, nearly-perfect story (especially with supplemental material), and wonderful characters.
---
"Somedays, you just can't get rid of a bomb." - Batman
PSN: Quadratical