This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Sad Truth about the future of Gaming :'(

#1BlackFeathersPosted 5/21/2013 2:10:57 AM
Video Games are getting shorter and Prettier :/.

Production costs are rising but NOT because the quality of the game is increasing, only the graphics. As the demand for better graphics increase, devs will spend more time making games look pretty than anything else. Look at FF13, one of the sexiest looking games I've ever seen. But they cut sooo much out of it and made the game a hallway.

You know People's standards are dropping when a game is only 4 hours long and Everyone is ok with it. :/

I could rant more but I'm at work. So to sum it up, overtime Graphics will Increase while everything else decreases.

Raises Flame Shield and hopes for Support from the Gfaq community
---
Bad reviews never stopped me from buying a game, they only postponed my purchase til a price drop. Thank You reviewers.
#2Justice98405Posted 5/21/2013 2:17:31 AM
"You know People's standards are dropping when a game is only 4 hours long and Everyone is ok with it. :/"

Vanquish was something like 4-6 hours of utterly AMAZING gameplay for me, so it was worth EVERY penny of full price.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. Period.

Games ARE still quality, you just have to find them. And if you can't, then play retro games and leave it alone. Simple as that.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#3cycledancePosted 5/21/2013 2:18:40 AM
ff13 is an open world sandbox game compared to ff10
#4BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 2:46:41 AM
Justice98405 posted...
"You know People's standards are dropping when a game is only 4 hours long and Everyone is ok with it. :/"

Vanquish was something like 4-6 hours of utterly AMAZING gameplay for me, so it was worth EVERY penny of full price.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. Period.

Games ARE still quality, you just have to find them. And if you can't, then play retro games and leave it alone. Simple as that.

I can't play retro games for the rest of my life. :/ What's the last game(s) that you bought that totally blew your mind?
---
Bad reviews never stopped me from buying a game, they only postponed my purchase til a price drop. Thank You reviewers.
#5drinkPosted 5/21/2013 2:56:15 AM
They only make games that they think will sale based on how past games sold. We only have are selves to blame.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#6OverburdenedPosted 5/21/2013 2:56:48 AM
Blew my mind recently(ish)

Skyrim
Arkham city
Just cause 2 (the visuals and scale of it)
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
I..am..Kolos, the great Leviathan._
#7IloveElitePosted 5/21/2013 2:56:52 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Video Games are getting shorter and Prettier :/.

Production costs are rising but NOT because the quality of the game is increasing, only the graphics. As the demand for better graphics increase, devs will spend more time making games look pretty than anything else. Look at FF13, one of the sexiest looking games I've ever seen. But they cut sooo much out of it and made the game a hallway.

You know People's standards are dropping when a game is only 4 hours long and Everyone is ok with it. :/

I could rant more but I'm at work. So to sum it up, overtime Graphics will Increase while everything else decreases.

Raises Flame Shield and hopes for Support from the Gfaq community

I totally agree and its very sad to see games going that way. :(

Personally playability is 1000x more important than fancy graphics. I'm playing Monster Hunter 3 U right now, have put 114 hours into it and theres many 100's more but its not pretty, the graphics are quite poor but I don't care, its pure fun.

The current gaming generation still need to learn that graphics aren't the 'be all and end all' of gaming.
---
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 5/21/2013 2:57:45 AM
I agree with you.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#9renegadeseraphPosted 5/21/2013 3:03:07 AM
cycledance posted...
ff13 is an open world sandbox game compared to ff10

Ff13>>> FF10. I loved 13!!
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#10Justice98405Posted 5/21/2013 3:13:19 AM
"I can't play retro games for the rest of my life. :/ What's the last game(s) that you bought that totally blew your mind?"

Bioshock Infinite. A game that is awesome in the gameplay department, but also has something to say as well, which you don't see much in games.

Or was that one too short for you as well? LOL.

I only care about the quality of the game, not the quantity.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405