This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone else stopped buying XBLA games now since they won't transfer over?

#11Arucard05Posted 5/21/2013 7:24:41 PM
With all this Cloud talk, I wonder if they'll implement a system like PS4 for "Backwards Compatibility".
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#12TheBlueStigPosted 5/21/2013 7:35:51 PM
Doukou posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/gamerscore-will-port-over-to-xbox-one

Well that cements the stupidity from M$, and they deserve the dollar sign from now on, everything they've done today is nothing but a greed move.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#13popping4itPosted 5/21/2013 7:40:56 PM
how would they even be able to be carried over the games are made for xbox360 they're not just going to magically work on xbox one.
---
whens mahvel?
#14TheBlueStigPosted 5/21/2013 7:44:22 PM
popping4it posted...
how would they even be able to be carried over the games are made for xbox360 they're not just going to magically work on xbox one.

It's digital programming, it can be ported, and if the hardware is as powerful as they claim, and since almost all Arcade titles don't require a ton of power, they could be emulated.

They're pulling a Sony, requiring people to re-buy the games if they want to play them on new hardware.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15Super CreaturesPosted 5/21/2013 11:04:41 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
It's digital programming

So are all video games since the dawn of the industry.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16NinjuggalotusPosted 5/21/2013 11:23:19 PM
Guess I should buy another 360 for when mine bites the dust.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
#FreeGucci
#17Max58201Posted 5/21/2013 11:23:48 PM
people need to stop acting like the second the next gen releases all 360s become doorstops

i still buy ps1 and two games and play them i still play xbox games and i will continue to play my 360 for many years only about 20% of my games will become unplayable when the servers are taken down only because a lot of indie games require it...idk why since they are single player

only games i have that will be unpayable that aren't Indie are gothem city imposters defience and maybe one or two others

ill still have many a game to play for years to come considering gamestop is just now stopping carrying ps2 games and hardware at the end of this month i doubt 360 games will disappear anytime soon
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#18dcn2424Posted 5/21/2013 11:28:23 PM
"What you won't be able to take with you is any Xbox Live Arcade purchases, as the Xbox One will not be in any way backwards compatible"
#19Super CreaturesPosted 5/21/2013 11:52:35 PM
Max58201 posted...
only about 20% of my games will become unplayable when the servers are taken down only because a lot of indie games require it...idk why since they are single player

1. I don't know how credible this is, but "Online interaction not rated by the ESRB" is rumored to be a reason for the required online connection to launch an Indie game.

2. More credible, it is so that MS can pull any game that might have inappropriate/illegal content that might have gotten passed the community review of the game, and can then block all users from accessing said content.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#20popping4itPosted 5/22/2013 3:45:14 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
popping4it posted...

It's digital programming, it can be ported, and if the hardware is as powerful as they claim, and since almost all Arcade titles don't require a ton of power, they could be emulated.

They're pulling a Sony, requiring people to re-buy the games if they want to play them on new hardware.

/facepalm

ya you're not very bright and have absolutly no idea how programming works. you have to have the source code(which is likely confidential to protect their IP) to port games this means going to every individual game developer hiring a staff of very experienced very high skiiled programmers to be able to look at someone elses source code and rebuilt it for x86 and then get no value out of it while costing million to do so when there are highly optimized architecture specific code. Sigh the ignorance. please go do yourself a favor a crack up open a book for once before just speaking completely out of your ass.