This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do some people act like they cant wait for next gen?

#1lostoutlawnbPosted 5/21/2013 4:16:35 PM
They talk as if they are never going back to 360/PS4, but when the they here there will be no backward compatibility, they have a fit.
#2swatkiller546Posted 5/21/2013 4:20:19 PM
By the time the xbox one comes out I'll still be playing GTA5; Hell no I'm not unplugging my xbox360 to play &*^*% games on the xbox one.
---
"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a gamer, just like you."
#3lostoutlawnb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 4:21:28 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
By the time the xbox one comes out I'll still be playing GTA5; Hell no I'm not unplugging my xbox360 to play &*^*% games on the xbox one.

im with ya brother
#4Big FanPosted 5/21/2013 4:21:30 PM
No BC doesn't bother. I have all my old consoles if I ever want to play those games. Though I don't think I've played a PS2 or Xbox game this gen at all.
---
GT: Code XxX
#5TheWayOfTheGunPosted 5/21/2013 4:26:29 PM
BC is important when you need it to be. I really wanted to be able to play the Warriors on my 360 but I can't and I have to play it on the PSX 2 emulator but it slows down in many scenes even with my good hardware.

It's rather annoying!
#6shawnmckPosted 5/21/2013 4:28:56 PM
I personally can't wait for next-gen, because I have been ready for an improvement over graphics, capabilities, etc for the past few years.
But I will still play all my XB 360 & PS3 games.
I am not abandoning current gen in favor of next-gen.
#7Dragon NexusPosted 5/21/2013 4:54:44 PM
I find it a little odd they can't get some BC for the arcade games at least. Very disappointing.
I mean, they're not exactly graphically straining.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#8656stoogePosted 5/21/2013 4:59:17 PM
Beats me. I just started playing Skies of Arcadia last night, and it had me wanting to go back a gen or two.

I miss 'gamey' games. I'm too tired to bother explaining what that term even means, but hopefully you get the idea.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9DorotimusWitikPosted 5/21/2013 5:00:11 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I find it a little odd they can't get some BC for the arcade games at least. Very disappointing.
I mean, they're not exactly graphically straining.

They aren't compiled for x86 and emulating a 3ghz PPC with multiple cores is rather difficult.
#10656stoogePosted 5/21/2013 5:01:03 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...

They aren't compiled for x86 and emulating a 3ghz PPC with multiple cores is rather difficult.

I could do it. But I guess I'm just cool like that.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.