This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for games

#1Starwars4JPosted 5/22/2013 1:12:58 AM
Hey all,

I thought we could all use a reprieve from the disaster that has taken place today, so I was looking for advice from the more friendly members who frequent this board.

I'm thinking about purchasing a 360 sometime this year, I'm anticipating some great deals around black friday or possibly the following January. Right now there's really only one game on the system that I really want to play: Tales of Vesperia. I'm also thinking of picking up Sonic 2006 for the laughs at how terrible it is. But I'd like to justify my purchase with more than two games (one of which is a joke game).

A little background on me:
I like RPGs and platformers, but really hate shooters and sports games. I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer, if that helps guide you as to what kinds of games I might enjoy. Along those lines I like my games fun, with great gameplay.

I'm also thinking about picking up a PS3 on the cheap at some point. If it helps you see more about the kinds of games I like, for that system I'm thinking about picking up those Tales of games (Graces f, Xilia/2), 3D Dot Game Heroes, Okami HD, Journey.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I'll be happy to answer any questions if clarification is needed. Thank you!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#2CapwnDPosted 5/22/2013 1:43:46 AM
Erm...let's be realistic here, neither Sony nor Microsoft are known for terribly popular exclusives. They're mainly multiplat machines...unless you'd really buy a whole console just for Halo or Uncharted.

Who are you trying to fool? Or did you now realize that you were an idiot when you posted that?

just trying to figure out if you were trolling now or then, way back a couple weeks ago. lol.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#3Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:09:57 AM
CapwnD posted...
Erm...let's be realistic here, neither Sony nor Microsoft are known for terribly popular exclusives. They're mainly multiplat machines...unless you'd really buy a whole console just for Halo or Uncharted.

Who are you trying to fool? Or did you now realize that you were an idiot when you posted that?

just trying to figure out if you were trolling now or then, way back a couple weeks ago. lol.

What I posted is the truth, their exclusives aren't terribly popular. You didn't see me ask for games that were only exclusives, did you? I'm totally fine with multiplat suggestions, I just want a better reason than one game to purchase the console. If you have no suggestions then you don't need to post. You're the one trolling here, not me.
---
#4CapwnDPosted 5/22/2013 10:15:23 AM
Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Forza, Grand Turismo... those aren't terribly popular? Why do they have to be terribly popular games anyways? Your other post in that topic was saying "why on earth do you need a PS4 if you have a gaming computer"

Sorry but you just sound ignorant.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#5Lucha_VillaPosted 5/22/2013 10:16:47 AM
The tornado disaster happened 2 days ago bro.
#6SunDevil77Posted 5/22/2013 10:18:11 AM

So...Other than the terribly popular franchises, they're not known for having terribly popular franchises.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#7Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:21:13 AM
CapwnD posted...
Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Forza, Grand Turismo... those aren't terribly popular? Why do they have to be terribly popular games anyways? Your other post in that topic was saying "why on earth do you need a PS4 if you have a gaming computer"

Sorry but you just sound ignorant.

You're cherry picking I'm afraid. Look at the entirety of their exclusives and match them up. The ones you mentioned sell okay but not astoundingly well. As for why they have to be terribly popular games, they don't have to be. Hell some of my favorite games are lesser known. However with the way this next generation is headed it seems PC will be the way to go. Simple truth there.

And while it's fine and dandy that I seem to have my own personal stalker, I asked an honest question and I'm waiting for those game suggestions. I'm sure someone out there can be helpful.
---
#8Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 11:24:48 AM
Come on boys and girls, I know the 360 library has to be stronger than one game that would appeal to me. Where are the decent members of this board who actually want to help out another gamer?
---
#9lunchEATSyouPosted 5/22/2013 11:33:47 AM
Eternal Sonata, Lost Oddyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta 2, Blue Dragon, (I highly recommend DL Ultra Hard Mode from XBL). I'm probably forgetting a few, but those are the standout RPG's for the 360,

I also recommend....(equips flame shield of truth)... FFXIII
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#10Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 11:37:09 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Eternal Sonata, Lost Oddyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta 2, Blue Dragon, (I highly recommend DL Ultra Hard Mode from XBL). I'm probably forgetting a few, but those are the standout RPG's for the 360,

I also recommend....(equips flame shield of truth)... FFXIII

Thank you, I'll start looking those up right away. Much appreciated!
---