This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are you buying from the 'next gen'?

#21randomweirdoPosted 5/23/2013 4:11:28 PM(edited)
At this time undecided, but looking to be more likely PC, 3DS and Vita unless the PS4 shows me something I actually want. I doubt the Xbox One is going to release enough games that I want to justify a purchase of it.

Honestly, I'm more likely going to be playing catch up and get a Wii and PS3 to get the games from those I wanted since new versions means the old ones will be cheap.
#22vigorm0rtisPosted 5/23/2013 4:29:11 PM
Winternova posted...

Who in their right mind would care what the Kinect sees?

I do have a half-brother sired by my mom and Yog-Sothoth that hangs out in my nerdcave. I don't think he's ready for primetime.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#23SuperChuuniBrosPosted 5/23/2013 4:34:17 PM
Most likely only a Wii U and 3DS XL.
---
Overkill-The best type of kill
Note- Super Chuuni Bros hate Chuunibyou and most fanservice-less moe anime.
#24WinternovaPosted 5/23/2013 5:37:33 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
Winternova posted...
Who in their right mind would buy a Wii U?

families that have kids that like mario, sonic, super smash bro's you know the games we used to play when we were kids.

The games I played when I was a kid were Pitfall!, E.T., Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Berzerk, and others...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#25XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/23/2013 6:23:22 PM
PC only

The three systems are nothing but jokes
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#26DragoonAngerPosted 5/23/2013 7:37:49 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
PC only

The three systems are nothing but jokes

---
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/863/kenshiroqs6.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/extremejon/1206682497641.png
#27Mason_Cain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:22:22 PM
I am currently a lot more tempted by a Wii U than I had been, just due to the underwhelming looking XO and Ps4.

If the price drops enough... ;)
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#28BrutalBrockenPosted 5/24/2013 12:17:07 AM
Winternova posted...
creep50 posted...
Winternova posted...

Who in their right mind would want to have a camera watching them all the time?

Who in their right mind would care what the Kinect sees?

Exactly
---
The Goddamned Devil
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#29GSPgreasesPosted 5/24/2013 12:31:01 AM
Winternova posted...
GSPgreases posted...
Winternova posted...

- Cheapest of the 3
- Good graphical capabilities (PS3 level is good enough)
- Get a tablet pretty much
- Watch TV while playing games on the tablet remote
- Free Online
- Private video chat
- Standard features (Netflix, hulu, digital downloads)
- Classic games (Virtual Console)
- No fee for used games
- Internet browser
-1st party Nintendo games with the edition of some multiplatform games

not a bad deal. You miss out on some specs and potentially some games but you still get alot of features and nintendo games with some multiplats

It's a bad deal if you already have a PS3 and/or Xbox 360. Most of what the Wii U offers is already done as good or better by 7 year old consoles. The only thing it has going for it are the Nintendo first party games...and, frankly, not everyone is as enthralled by Nintendo as they once were.

Same could be said about PS4, XBOX ONE. They will offer the same experience as their previous consoles. What is Microsoft doing new ? Letting you watch tv by talking to the screen? Not worth 400 bucks

PS4 Probably the same as PS3 with more horsepower. No new inovation from what i understand, however the controller might be able to do some new stuff.

But yeah, Nintendo improved their console by alot, Xbox hasnt and probably taking a step back with the required online features, and PS4 has been more hush hush

And Wii U has backward compatiability, something neither PS4 or X1 will have. And while Wii U is on the levelof 360/ps3, i expect more from them for the next couple years as i see MS slowly killing the Xbox 360, Sonly will probably keep the PS3 Running though. However if i buy a new system its gonna be a next gen not current gen.
#30WinternovaPosted 5/24/2013 10:51:46 AM
GSPgreases posted...
But yeah, Nintendo improved their console by alot, Xbox hasnt and probably taking a step back with the required online features, and PS4 has been more hush hush

Nintendo "improved" their console to a weaker version of the Xbox 360 or PS3. Sure, it's better than the Wii...but it's not better than anything already on the shelves.

And Wii U has backward compatiability, something neither PS4 or X1 will have.

And that backward compatibility is one of the reasons why the Wii U is vastly underpowered. To make a console backward compatible it either has to have a very similar architecture to the prior iteration or it must contain the chipset of the prior system. Since the latter increases the cost of the console, Nintendo sticks with the former...and the result is that their newest console is equivalent to consoles released 7 years ago.

And while Wii U is on the levelof 360/ps3, i expect more from them for the next couple years as i see MS slowly killing the Xbox 360, Sonly will probably keep the PS3 Running though. However if i buy a new system its gonna be a next gen not current gen.

I expect very little out of the Wii U. It is having problems running current gen ports, it won't get multi-platform games for years to come. It hasn't sold well and third parties will pull out of publishing for it. Nintendo will release their first-party games and some people will go ga-ga over them, but overall the system looks destined to perform worse than the GameCube.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)