This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2?
2 years ago#1
Both are on sale this week, $40 for Tomb Raider at Target and Borderlands 2 for $30 at Gamestop. (just fyi) As long as TB is an epic adventure game I don't care if Borderlands 2 has more replay value which it does cause it's an rpg type game.
2 years ago#2
I'm one of the biggest TR fans ever, but the new one was an average cover shooter with lame child's puzzles and pointless collectibles for artificial length.

BL2 is simply better.
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
2 years ago#3
TR is highly overrated.. I'm going with peoples infatuation with Lara, and especially her new look is the cause.. guardian of light is a better TR game.. Get BL2 even though the dlc has been crap
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it"
2 years ago#4
velvet_hammer posted...
TR is highly overrated.. I'm going with peoples infatuation with Lara, and especially her new look is the cause.

Not really, in fact I read very little about it. Forget the fact that the gameplay is immensely satisfying and the graphics are amongst the best on the console....

I've never been a TR fan but this is my GOTY so far. BL2 is great also, but it's really no different from the first. TR feels a lot fresher. Granted, BL2 will give you a lot more playtime but a good portion of that is just grinding. TR is a much tighter experience.
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
2 years ago#5
Tomb Raider. BL2's "humour" is for children.
"Saying that the Xbox is the next water cooler is MUCH nicer than being more accurate and saying something like 'The Eye of Sauron'." - facetioussage
2 years ago#6
I kinda thought borderlands 2 was overrated.

TC the Microsoft store was/may still be giving away a $10 promo for signing up for XBOX one news and TR is 29.99 this weekend. I was about to order it for 19.99 after that coupon but I keep hoping MG Rising comes back in stock.
2 years ago#7
I own both games.

Tomb Raider - I've been trying to force myself to finish this game since I bought it two months ago but I've still barely scratched the surface. The game looks amazing but there is no substance. It's just another set piece heavy TPS.

Borderlands 2 - The humor is the lowest of the low. Some people like it but I'm hard pressed to name a single time that I even cracked a smile. I also had to mute my TV every time Tiny Tina was on screen and would skip any scenes involving her. I find it is best to play this game on mute while listening to music or playing a movie on a laptop.

Despite having some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a game, Borderlands 2 is a ton of fun to play. Leveling up the characters, picking what skills I want, and the insane amount of loot gives this game an insane amount of replay value. I've lost count of how many times I've beaten it but I know it is well over 10 times.

Between these two games I would go with Borderlands 2.
2 years ago#8
It's sooooo subjective. I love Borderlands 2 and hate the new Tomb Raider but they're both well-crafted examples of their genre gameplay-wise.

I think BL2 has the best writing in any video game ever, and I think the whole thing's hilarious. And I love the grind for new cool guns. Obviously not everyone agrees.

I think the reboot of Lara Croft's character is every bit as awful as Metroid Other M, and I am baffled by the shift from quiet grand-scale platforming to desperate survival gunplay. Obviously not everyone agrees.

Both rely on their presentation to transcend the gameplay, so I'd watch a couple trailers and see which world appeals more to you.
"Grumble grumble..." (level 7)
2 years ago#9
TR has the best production from gameplay. sound, graphics... So worth $60. Yes, I want the next one to be a little more Tomb Raiderish :) But this was about survival.
Took me 20+ hours, really looked for everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived