This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow I'm glad Dragon Age is over

#11NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/23/2013 10:02:02 PM
I enjoy good games, ME, Bayonetta, BF3, ToV, Sonic Genrations, Forza, Blaz Blue, SSF4, Dead Space, Fallout, list goes on. Dragon Age uh not this time. And no borrowing form a friend along with ME2 and Lost Planet 2. I finsih what i start tho. If anything, if the second ones a idication of the first game the second might not get a play through.

If you finished DA & thought, well I wish they constricted my paths & reused the same environments a lot more, then you'll love DA2!
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#12SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:06:30 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
If you finished DA & thought, well I wish they constricted my paths & reused the same environments a lot more, then you'll love DA2!

Is is balls hard on normal? Can you actually level up or grind? I'll have to give it a look. But im not too impressed by the first.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#13kungfuj0Posted 5/23/2013 10:18:41 PM
SoincMetal posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...

Is is balls hard on normal? Can you actually level up or grind? I'll have to give it a look. But im not too impressed by the first.

What bothered you about the first one?

If it was gameplay, then you might like DA2 better, as its gameplay is more action-oriented. You hit a button, and your guy swings his sword, shoots his bow, or fires a spell. It's immediate. DAO was more of a quasi-turn-based system like the old KOTOR games. You hit a button telling your guy what to do, then he does it ...on his turn...

The other differences are that DA2 takes place in 1 city and its surrounding environment, and a lot of it is repeated environments....caves, houses, dungeons, etc. They pretty much took 1 or 2 basic designs and used them over and over again throughout the game. That was a major letdown to a lot of people given how expansive DAO was.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#14SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:28:11 PM
Well i loved KOTOR, never played the second. I'd guess i didn't like the fact things don't respawn so u can gain more levels to not die so much. Prolly a reanson i also can't seem to bring myself to finish Divinty 2 DKS. But that games great, just really hard.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#15DarkSymbiotePosted 5/23/2013 10:46:20 PM
Quorthon109 posted...
One of my favorite games

---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#16kungfuj0Posted 5/23/2013 10:48:42 PM
If its mostly about leveling, then I'd say do the sidequest stuff like the Chantry Board quests and such. Most of those are easy and you'll get good exp for doing them.

Also, if you're dying a lot, try messing with your party's tactics. You can make the other people in your party do a lot of stuff that will help keep you and them alive by customizing their tactics. Like you can make them heal themselves with healing potions or heal spells when their health gets low. You can even make some of them revive you if you die, that kind of thing. You can tell them which spells to cast or which talents to use, etc. You can do all kinds of things with the tactics.

I haven't played DAO in a while, so I don't remember half the stuff I used to do, but fi that is what is troubling you, the tactics are certainly worth looking into. One thing I do remember doing is if there was an enemy mage on the field, I made DAMN sure that either an archer or one of my mages took that mofo out ASAP! You can use tactics to target specific enemy types like bosses or mages or just normal enemies, etc. Definitely look into tactics if you haven't already.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#17kingwutuguPosted 5/23/2013 10:59:33 PM
SoincMetal posted...
Well i loved KOTOR, never played the second. I'd guess i didn't like the fact things don't respawn so u can gain more levels to not die so much. Prolly a reanson i also can't seem to bring myself to finish Divinty 2 DKS. But that games great, just really hard.

everything levels up as you do like the elder scrolls games, it's all about strategy. not your typical rpg where you can sit for hours and level up til your lvl 9999, i prefer dragon over kotor though as I like the medieval lore more.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#18Super CreaturesPosted 5/24/2013 2:23:03 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
One thing I do remember doing is if there was an enemy mage on the field, I made DAMN sure that either an archer or one of my mages took that mofo out ASAP!

The only tactic you need for dealing with enemy Magi is Nearest Enemy: Mage->Mana Clash.

Even the "toughest" boss in the game (Gaxkang) goes down to one Mana Clash from a mage with the necessary build (it might only be possible with Wynne, but it is possible).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#19popping4itPosted 5/24/2013 7:45:27 AM
only way to win was to have never played at all.
---
whens mahvel?
#20Dragon NexusPosted 5/24/2013 10:58:27 AM

So...you played it like a hack and slash?
You know you need to use tactics at times, right? Can't just run in and hit the enemy with a pointed stick until it flls over and gives you experience. There are few times where the difficulty really spikes, and in those instances it's entirely possible to turn the battle to your advantage if you take your time with it and plan your assault.

The only tactic you need for dealing with enemy Magi is Nearest Enemy: Mage->Mana Clash.

Even the "toughest" boss in the game (Gaxkang) goes down to one Mana Clash from a mage with the necessary build (it might only be possible with Wynne, but it is possible).

Huh, never managed to oneshot him myself. Usually took Morigan with me though. Took 50-70% of his health away with Mana Clash, never killed im outright. Were there suplimentary abilities that boosted the damage output?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln