This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The worst thing that you have seen in this generation?

#21BrutalBrockenPosted 5/24/2013 3:51:28 AM
Super Creatures posted...
BrutalBrocken posted...
See how much easier that would be with a simple patch?
Games to slow? Patch Want new characters, costumes, stages? Patch/DLC

Only problem is, you just used an example that is very much like what they did ~20 years later, with the availability of DLC and updates, with SF4->SSF4, and again with MvC3->UMvC3.

I was going to address that also, but my last post was getting to big.
I for one would rather pay an extra $10 or $15 bucks nowadays to equal what took 4 or 5 $50 to equal. Because we couldn't add on to our games at all.
Just think how cool it would have been to keep Street fighter 2 on the SNES and get a yearly $8 patch for the content, or how far would Street Fighter have gotten if they didnt have to keep making new games for a little new content.
I'll admit nowadays Capcom is a whore, they destroyed any chance of bringing back the franchises I love, (MegaMan, Breath of Fire, etc) and ruined the reputation of alpt of other popular franchises, (Street Fighter, Bionic Commando, etc)
Personally I wish they would just say, "you know the fans want MegaMan Legends 3, it might not sell like a Resident Evil game, but we owe it to our millions of fans who've been asking for it"
---
The Goddamned Devil
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#22este914Posted 5/24/2013 4:35:17 AM
others: ALL OF THE ABOVE.
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#23SunDevil77Posted 5/24/2013 4:37:14 AM
Gamers. When they've resorted to calling games like MGS4, Super Smash Brawl, Halo 4, etc, the "worst game they've ever played," you know it's bad.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#24KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/24/2013 4:38:02 AM
The Xbox 360 going from being a great gaming console early in its life to a crap entertainment console later in it's life, ultimately evolving into the crap we saw revealed on Tuesday.
---
PLAYING - Grand Theft Auto IV (PC), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), New Super Mario Bros U (WU)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#25RandytheShrewPosted 5/24/2013 4:46:41 AM
Whats rrodor mean or whatever
---
PSN ID RandyTheShrew
#26nazacuckooPosted 5/24/2013 4:57:17 AM
After the Xbox One reveal, definitely the fanboys.
Not the ones that are defending the X1, but the ones on the PS4 talking
crap about the X1 on the PS4 board.

The death of cheat codes, gameshark and action replay is the BEST part about this gen, IMO.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#27iammaxhailmePosted 5/24/2013 5:09:06 AM
other: no games
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#28TheZeldaFanPosted 5/24/2013 5:12:50 AM
Everything on this list is awful, but the video game community is one of the worst cesspits of Internet stupidity I have ever seen.
---
I made this name when I was a loser with no life. I wish I could change my name. ~gamecubeplayer
#29pothocketPosted 5/24/2013 5:29:46 AM
I don't see an option for developers putting their focus on cutscenes rather than gameplay.

A good way to ruin your game: spend more effort on the gamer NOT playing the game than playing it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#30SuperVegito2487Posted 5/24/2013 5:33:01 AM
Basically anything that ment that certain features (usually online but with ubisoft uplay also counts) was only free with new copies of a game. i chose other because while online passes is PART of the problem uplay pass counts as well.

I didnt chose
Dlc, because, as cracked said, before dlc was invented incomplete games still existed, they use KotOR 2 as a good example since that game was (and by playing it, or well part of it (damaged disc) on my 360 cause i couldnt dl my gt to play my other games) and is a complete cluster BLEEP, because (thats what ive read) its deadline came too soon... hell the pc version even has custom dlc to fix everything, but its not a game i immersed myself a lot into but it was used as a powerfull example.

And hell even WITH dlc we are still getting expansion packs... assassins creed brotherhood, revelations... i wont count them as complete games, no more than warcraft 3 the frozen throne... because they arent long, what they have is good though (brotherhood being the better of the 2 imo).

Next on the list
Achievements... how would ppl hate THAT? it adds more replayvalue and its totally optional anyways, and whats with "eas closed servers?"

Online mp for every game
gotta agree with you on that one, im not a hardcore mp player, hell i prefer coop, i just get too nervous when going online... literally my hands start shaking i cant take it..., oh and while im at it, allow me to add another, the loss of

SPLIT SCREEN...
gta IV for instance.. i dont buy the whole " the game is too large to keep track of 2 players"... doesnt it already keep track of a lot of stuff to begin with?? and iv isnt that large... hell i consider sa's split screen pathetic BUT it EXISTED... pathetic because one player had to take the boring passenger way

game re-releases, if it adds achs and its one that cant be bought anymore then its ok, but overall i agree... remakes instead aka same overall game but built with new engine and gameplay... pokemon actually shows this one the best way...

heartgold and soulsilver for instance. now THATS how a remake should look like.

long updates... does that mean as in long time before they exist? or as large updates that takes a while to dl?

RRod.. ps3 has its own version, and atleast rrod has the same cause as why fallout NV was so goddamn buggy... and ac3 as well.. released too soon..., hopefully that wont happen again

Death of gameshark...
well the 360 can still be hacked easily, but that cant just be used for modding ones game but also piracy which it may or may not be used for more, but its nothing i feel the loss off, although in newer games it aint as needed imo
EX, i could not and can still not complete gta sa without cheats... i cant complete iv without cheats.

well this is how i feel.
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.