This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this work? (Xbox live code)

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 5/24/2013 8:39:30 AM
I'm in Canada, so if I change the country on my 360 to USA, redeem an American XBL code, and then change it back will I be able to use the points? Or does it just know
---
i5 3570k / ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB / 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series / 120GB ADATA S510 SSD
#2Stray_ZeroPosted 5/24/2013 10:31:51 AM
Possibly, but if you do that, your account is stuck to that region (I think) for about 3 months until you can change it again.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#3Super CreaturesPosted 5/24/2013 10:35:50 AM
No, your console's region has nothing to do with it, what matters is your account's region.

And, like Stray said, if you do a region migration for your account, you won't be able to migrate it back for something like 3 months, also, you may lose access to some content (due to different regions having different distribution rights for some content), and may not even be able to do a region migration in the first place (there are a few restrictions, like you can't do one if you are a minor in your current region, or would be a minor in the region you're trying to migrate to).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4glassghost0Posted 5/24/2013 10:55:06 AM
Licensing issues aside, you could create an American account on your profile, redeem the code and purchase the content, then migrate it back to your region

or something like that, depending on what you wanna buy/what the code is
---
No Thanks