This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with kinect always on...

#1wolfwingPosted 5/25/2013 4:21:49 AM
How many people actually have room for one? I got one with my last xbox, and I havn't taken it out of the box despite a few games I wouldn't mind trying with it, due to living in a small 1 room apartment with no open space big enough for me to play games on, I have about 6 feet from me and the tv in a very narrow aisle with my other computer in the way along with a table.

Do you actually have a large enough space to play the kinect or can you stick it somewhere out of the way and never use?
---
currently playing Mass effect 3/Diablo 3 and soon to be path of exile.
#2monzmegPosted 5/25/2013 4:29:03 AM
Its in my bedroom so I hope they made the motor good and strong.........its going to be going up and down for hours on end doing nothing more than tracking my girlfriend's back side lol

I ain't getting the ONE anyway so its just a hypothetical problem I won't have to deal with lol...............but some might o_O
#3longnutsPosted 5/25/2013 5:54:22 AM
I don't want the xbox one for the sole reason being that the kinect will always be on. It will be able to see me play with myself!
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/25/2013 5:59:56 AM
You do not need the space. It simply must be plugged in.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#5yiangaruuugaPosted 5/25/2013 6:25:43 AM
Doesn't the PS4 require the new Move/Eye to be plugged in? That seems to be what tracks the controller, so I assume it will be required to play as well.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#6monzmegPosted 5/25/2013 6:45:00 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
Doesn't the PS4 require the new Move/Eye to be plugged in? That seems to be what tracks the controller, so I assume it will be required to play as well.

certainly looks that way.....personally don't mind the use of cameras in either system, regardless of my ealier comment.....so long as it doesn't affect my immersion in games or cause any lag issues with my inputs then its all good.......oh and I don't have to stand up at random points throughout my games and moonwalk backwards to change ammo THEN its good
#7Foreign ObjectsPosted 5/25/2013 8:25:48 AM
I just don't want a kinect being always on because of the copious amount of hours i spend jacking off in front of the tv
---
etc
#8WinterstarPosted 5/25/2013 8:31:36 AM
Foreign Objects posted...
I just don't want a kinect being always on because of the copious amount of hours i spend jacking off in front of the tv

It's not "always on". It's on when the system is on. That's it. It's there so developers will include voice commands (one of the best things about the current Kinect) and other features in all games. The current userbase is too segmented to see much Kinect integration.
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 5/25/2013 8:55:21 AM
Winterstar posted...
It's not "always on". It's on when the system is on.

Except they want you to do everything with it and never turn the damn thing off.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10TheBlueStigPosted 5/25/2013 9:05:50 AM
Winterstar posted...
It's not "always on". It's on when the system is on. That's it. It's there so developers will include voice commands (one of the best things about the current Kinect) and other features in all games. The current userbase is too segmented to see much Kinect integration.

When are you going to stop apologizing for corporate greed?

The Kinect 2.0 IS always on and always listening to what's going on in the room, even when the system is OFF.

Everybody knows this to be 100% FACT because it's always listening for that voice command "XBox On" to turn the system on.

The cameras might be on too because there just might be that "hand gesture" you can use to turn the system on without saying a word.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin