This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is you're most hated character?

#1hump3rdnkPosted 5/25/2013 11:37:50 AM
I'm curious as to what fictional character people hate lol, it can be anything video game characters, cartoon characters just characters you can't stand and why.

For me I'll give 2

Videogame characters either Phillipa Eilhart from the Witcher 2 or maven black briar in skyrim.

Phillipa well where to begin, she's a manipulative harpy, convinced herself she deserves to rule and believes she would be an excellent leader when she is neither fit to rule nor deserving of any real power and says anything to squeak her way out of a tough situation.

Cartoon characters-peggy hill from king of the hill... Do I really need to explain it? If you don't know why watch the episodes "substitute Spanish prisoner" or "lupe's revenge" and you'll likely be on board with me lol.

What about everyone else? Out of curiosity what characters does everybody else dislike?
#2656stoogePosted 5/25/2013 11:48:12 AM
I can think of three this gen:

FFXIII: Hope/Snow - Two of the most cliche and annoying characters I've ever come across. They never evolve or grow on you at all, and every second they wereon screen I was groaning. It's sad, because before launch I thought Snow was going to be a Han Solo type anti-hero, but in the end he was just a moron that yelled "Hero!" a lot.

Dead Space 2 and 3: Isaac - They wanted to give him a voice and a personality, so what did they choose? Why the most generic one they could think: wise cracking smart arse that swears and curses at every enemy and event. Yippee. turned me off the series completely, because he want from a quiet middle aged engineer to an early 30's something bro-dude.

Kill Zone 2: Rico - I f I have to pick one then this guy takes the cake. I hated him almost the second he opened his mouth. the game starts with you crash landing on a beach in a warzone, and it's still one of the best looking scenes this gen. But don't you dare stop and take a look at just how nice it looks, as Rico will start calling you a mother f***er if you leave him standing around for more than 3 or 4 seconds.
This guy knows four phrase: f***, f*** you, f***ing mother f***er, and f***ing f*** f*** s*** c***.
And unfortunately for the gamer he doesn't shut up for a second.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#3SunDevil77Posted 5/25/2013 12:08:52 PM
Navi.
And Sinestro from Green Lantern. He's just a giant ass, in every way.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#4glassghost0Posted 5/25/2013 12:13:45 PM
Baird in Gears 1-3, for some reason he didn't bother me in Judgement
---
No Thanks
#5sockesockePosted 5/25/2013 12:19:45 PM
bad girl from no more heroes 1 comes to mind. i really couldnt stand her.
---
Tzuba12:Microsoft: Bringing gamers together ONE console at a time.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#6tracazoidPosted 5/25/2013 12:37:16 PM(edited)
656stooge posted...
I can think of three this gen:

FFXIII: Hope/Snow - Two of the most cliche and annoying characters I've ever come across. They never evolve or grow on you at all, and every second they wereon screen I was groaning. It's sad, because before launch I thought Snow was going to be a Han Solo type anti-hero, but in the end he was just a moron that yelled "Hero!" a lot.

Yeah that's my two right there and largely the reasons I dislike them. They could have been much better and really the voice work was decent, they were just horribly written to the point of having not a single redeeming factor.

"I'm going to be a hero"

No Snow, just no.
#7Arucard05Posted 5/25/2013 12:44:09 PM
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/03/top-bananas-douchebags-in-video-games.html

Any of these are a good pick.

I still hate Johnny Cage though. I always will.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 5/25/2013 1:13:58 PM
Baird in Gears 1-3, for some reason he didn't bother me in Judgement

I can understand for 1 and 2...because his personality was "I'm the snarky and contrary one who with complain about everything but go along with it anyway" despite being hinted at as having a high intelligence.

He's much better fleshed out in the books and in the third game. Haven't played Judgement though.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9WinterstarPosted 5/25/2013 1:19:34 PM
Who is you are most hated character?

My most hated character is the misused apostrophe.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#10Dante729Posted 5/25/2013 1:23:45 PM
Edge Maverick from Star Ocean: The Last Hope. If you've played the game, you should know why.

Dante from DmC. "**** you, **** you, **** you!"
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.