This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting 'Unreadable Disc' during installation

#1geo_GASmanPosted 5/26/2013 4:49:37 AM
I've just started playing through L.A Noire and decided to install all three discs to make it run quieter. Discs one and two were fine, but about 40% through Disc 3 I get the 'Disc unreadable' error. This means that if I play the game without installing the disc, disc three won't work right? Is there any easy solution to this? The disc doesn't look in too bad condition.
---
Deceit is a means to an end. Power is that end.
#2EarInfectionPosted 5/26/2013 4:55:30 AM(edited)
Give the disc a wipe over with a soft damp cloth, then again with a soft dry cloth then try installing again. If that doesn't help there are several things you can try, go to Google and search disc cleaning/repair.
#3casedawgzPosted 5/26/2013 4:57:18 AM
My xbox started doing that in the weeks leading to an rrod.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#4geo_GASman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 5:17:03 AM
So the disc not working during installation definitely means it won't work if I try to play it without installing it, correct?
---
#5geo_GASman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 11:48:27 AM
Bomp
---
#6LightgamerPosted 5/26/2013 11:57:30 AM
geo_GASman posted...
So the disc not working during installation definitely means it won't work if I try to play it without installing it, correct?

Yes you are correct. You can try a few methods of "disc repair" yourself if you want to take the risk.

The less risky one that I find that works is the boiling in water method.
I have Bioshock 2, and I put it off for two years, mostly because I couldnt get into it, but there was a level that would never load and would then pop the disc unread bla bla. Installing would always end at 32% before saying the same bs. I recently tried the boiling method on Bioshock 2 and it worked! 100% installation, now I don't have to worry about the ***** not reading.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas