This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does my audio keep bugging out?!

#1JigglybuffPosted 5/26/2013 1:37:37 PM
So while playing games,my audio has a tendency to completely stop for like a second.

And it does it often, somtimes once every two minutes, sometimes quicker then that.
It was REALLY bad while playing Metro: Last Light, and does it with other games, but was doing it really bad with that particular one.

Thing is, the system does not have this issue if im watching Netflix, or doing something other then playing a game.
Just when playing a game it does this.

And last night, I was playing LAst Light, and for the first time in months, decided to wear my turtle beaches. Well, I was too lazy to mute the tv, so both my tv audio and turtle beach audio were being used.

Well the audio never cut out on the turtle beaches. Just the tv. Which is leading me to beleive its an error with my tv. I thought maybe I have the tv too loud, cause it tends to happen during big gun fights or with a lot going on. So I lowered the volume on the tv to where it was barely audible at all. But then it would happen while standing still for several minutes in a completely quit section of the metro.

So I don't know, its getting annoying. And it only does it with games, and on the tv, not with netflx or headsets.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
"A woman slaps him and he PILEDRIVES her? And they say chivalry is dead." -casedawgs
#2roos1046 RebornPosted 5/26/2013 3:43:28 PM
try jiggling the handle
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#3seanskatePosted 5/26/2013 3:46:49 PM
any difference between arcade games and disc based games?
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#4BeefEasterPosted 5/26/2013 5:31:50 PM
do you have dolby digital turned on?

if your tv speakers don't support it it will cause audio issues
#5Jpsyence77Posted 5/26/2013 5:38:41 PM
It sounds like a loose HDMI cord.
You may also try using a different/better quality HDMI cord. (Not all HDMI cords are created equal)
---
http://tinyurl.com/bogex7n
http://tinyurl.com/ydx2msz
#6JascoDPosted 5/26/2013 6:09:32 PM
Jpsyence77 posted...
It sounds like a loose HDMI cord.
You may also try using a different/better quality HDMI cord. (Not all HDMI cords are created equal)

This.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#7Jigglybuff(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 10:39:01 PM
Well the HDMI is fine, I might order another 3-4 dollar one off Amazon and see if that does anything.

And to that one poster, it does it regardless of what game I play. Arcade or disk, or even ones installed to the HDD.

And I was playing Dead Island Riptide tonight, and it was doing it, but every few minutes. Not once ever other minute like Metro: Last Light.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
"A woman slaps him and he PILEDRIVES her? And they say chivalry is dead." -casedawgs
#8jsplisimPosted 5/27/2013 6:36:34 AM
1. Do you have it connected to a receiver/hub/splitter?
2. Are you using a sound option that isn't supported by the set, such as 5.1?
3. Have you selected an odd audio setting on you TV?
---
What it is big momma? My momma didnt raise no dummies, I dug her rap!