This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The spiral keyboard in Beyond Good and Evil is brilliant.

#11TheBeastWithinPosted 5/27/2013 9:03:26 AM
Killah Priest posted...
how is that any different from scrolling up or sideways other than the shape?

still takes the same amount of time to reach each letter.

It takes much less time. The stick naturally rotates and that is how you move the cursor; you only need to rotate and stop, which is much easier and less time consuming than constantly changing directions up/down/left/right. Also, it can be in alphabetical order this way which is a more natural way of approaching it; a traditional keyboard is set up for effective typing use/technique which does not apply at all when using a controller.

If you still don't think it makes a difference then you've just never tried it. I honestly don't know why you'd even bother to comment without trying it
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#12old_school227Posted 5/27/2013 11:32:05 AM
Steam's flower keyboard is easily the best way to type with a controller.
http://youtu.be/bm7tfZfCfzw?t=2m54s
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#13Dragon NexusPosted 5/27/2013 11:56:20 AM
It takes much less time. The stick naturally rotates and that is how you move the cursor; you only need to rotate and stop, which is much easier and less time consuming than constantly changing directions up/down/left/right. Also, it can be in alphabetical order this way which is a more natural way of approaching it; a traditional keyboard is set up for effective typing use/technique which does not apply at all when using a controller.

If you still don't think it makes a difference then you've just never tried it. I honestly don't know why you'd even bother to comment without trying it

I think (hope) he was talking about the image linked in the post above him. That weird circular keyboard.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln