This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Being that there will be no Backwards Compatibility...

#1spooiePosted 5/26/2013 6:18:22 PM
For anything people purchased on the Xbox 360 through disc or DLC... is there anyone here that has spent a lot of money building up a library of online-only content on their system that is worried that once Xbox Live ends for the 360, there is a good chance your system will die and everything will be lost?

I own a couple things on 360, but not too too much that I'd really be worried about how much I were to lose what I have. I would still be ticked though. But what about you guys with large collections of online purchases? Do you have any worries at all, or are you ready to leave it behind and move to another console next gen regardless?
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#2SunDevil77Posted 5/26/2013 6:21:45 PM
Back everything up on a couple 32 gig flashdrives. The new slims have a pretty hardy harddrive too. I'd imagine they would always allow license transfers.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#3spooie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 6:37:50 PM
I think when Microsoft discontinues the Xbox 360, I'm going to purchase a spare one.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#4TheBlueStigPosted 5/26/2013 9:21:23 PM
People like gabrius are completely f***ed, he has too many digital games to count.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5Super CreaturesPosted 5/26/2013 9:27:22 PM
No, we'll just have to resort to methods that would get a console banned, since there will no longer be a reason to worry about a console that can no longer connect to XBL not being able to connect to XBL.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6KakkaKarrotKakePosted 5/26/2013 9:33:29 PM
Super Creatures posted...
No, we'll just have to resort to methods that would get a console banned, since there will no longer be a reason to worry about a console that can no longer connect to XBL not being able to connect to XBL.

Winner.

You can do it now really. The only reason I don't is because I wanna play on Xbox Live.
#7GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/26/2013 9:52:47 PM
By the time they no longer sell 360s we'll be able to run cracked exclusives on PC. No worry.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#8spooie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 10:11:23 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
People like gabrius are completely f***ed, he has too many digital games to count.

Who is gabrius?
---
#9GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/26/2013 10:13:17 PM
Avatar of the shmups genre, also a chill bro.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#10WartPig_Posted 5/26/2013 10:29:03 PM
gonna mod my box and ps3 when support stops. no reason not too
---
PSN-WartPigX