This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Your Worst Day 1 Purchase This Gen

#1IWUPosted 5/27/2013 8:04:06 AM
It may not have been the worst game you've played this gen, but spending full price and getting it day one has been a regret of yours. Maybe it was a game you really did enjoy but you had such a huge back log at the time that there was no real reason to pick it up on day 1. Or maybe it's the worst game you've ever played and you got caught up in the pre-release hype that is so common these days. Whatever the game and whatever the reason I'd like to know.

For me it was Rage. I got caught up in the hype regarding the graphics of the game and thought I was pre-ordering a masterpiece. I know it gets a lot of flack for its lackluster ending but I was disappointed in the game long before I ever got to that point. The whole package just wasn't worth the $65 I put down for it and I felt like I got burned. One of the worst things about the game was when I finished the lackluster single player game I hopped online to do some tagging and body bagging thinking, ok this is ID so the multi is going to be great. You can imagine my chagrin when I found out it was friggen buggy races :-/

What a slap in the face.
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign I'll continue to tow the line like a bold face liar.
#2mrhappyguy12345Posted 5/27/2013 8:07:42 AM
Fable 2. I returned it the next day after playing for 4 or 5 hours.
---
I love video games : )
#3DrFeelgood1984Posted 5/27/2013 8:09:48 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4. I know I'm in the minority, but I hated that game. MGS3 is one of my favorite games so I was really hyped.
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/27/2013 8:09:58 AM
Starcraft 2. Don't get me wrong...SC2 is a wonderful game. One of my favorites this gen...but I went to the midnight release, had a 12 hour Starcraft battle with a bunch of friends the night before, and bought the collectors edition.

Problem being, on launch night, there was a terrible thunderstorm. I thought nothing of it, because I was inside GameStop waiting to buy my game. When I got home, I found my computer (as well as many other electronics) to be fried from a lightning strike.

A decade of waiting. And I had it in my hands...then had to wait another week while I built my new PC.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#5PyschoRaidenPosted 5/27/2013 8:12:32 AM
It's recent but probably Dead Island Riptide. I enjoyed the 1st game in co-op and it was an OK game so was looking forward to some more co-op fun in Riptide. Thing is whenever me and my friends played together the game CONSTANTLY froze up. I gave it 3-4 weeks for them to fix it with a patch and nothing happened. They don't seem to care. I straight up sold that POS earlier this week to get Tekken Tag 2.
#6TheWaitingPosted 5/27/2013 8:20:42 AM
Hmm the backlog example counts for a ton if my games lol. I'd say dishonored, by the time I got to play it it was 30 bucks, also castlevania on 3ds, its still setting in ite shrink wrap.
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior
#7stapler87Posted 5/27/2013 8:25:00 AM
The Force Unleashed.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I had fun with it. But, being a huge Star Wars fan, I really hyped myself up and expected it to be this groundbreaking game... then I completed it the night I bought it... a good time, but also a huge disappointment.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#8rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 5/27/2013 8:29:25 AM
007 legends
---
PSN: BlueStar7152 | Uncharted 3
XBL: ajwmawesome | Minecraft 360, Skyrim
#9ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 5/27/2013 8:36:02 AM
gta 4. even bought a new console to play it on release
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#10zyxomma100Posted 5/27/2013 8:36:30 AM
I didn't make very many day 1 purchases this gen (maybe 10 or so). Surprisingly, now that I go back through them, I think I enjoyed all of them.

Gear of War 1, since I paid full price for it the day I got my shortly-after-launch 360. I really hate that game.

If that doesn't count as day 1, then Halo 3. Not to say I didn't enjoy it (I did), but the story was quite disappointing.