This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Xbox 360 Game Ever

#21bbawler(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 12:59:26 PM
flame030191 posted...
Also, one of my personal favorite parts of Ascension comes to the prequel aspect.

At first I was skeptical: most prequels don't make sense. Halo Reach had better equipment than later games and even the enemies fought and storyline events didn't add up (such as the Brutes fighting, though the Covenant didn't deem them necessary until Elites left in Halo 2). Other games have acted very similarly.

Ascension makes it known it's a prequel. Nothing about the game takes away from the canon storyline, Kratos has none of the powers he gains from later games, and he is nowhere near as powerful as he gets to be. Even the gameplay mechanics are explained: increased speed is applicable because Kratos is much younger than even in Chains of Olympus. He was also still new to the blades, so he had to use his speed and momentum gained fighting in order to flow his combos together, where later on he learned how to use the chained blades like they were just extensions of his arms.

The game pulls it all together very well, shows Kratos's rise to becoming more powerful, and shows more of Kratos than any game before it. Was it a necessary game? No, the laid out trilogy was enough for the storyline. But that doesn't mean it's an unwelcome addition, especially since it's done right.

That actually sounds pretty good. When I rented it, I only played for about 40 minutes and gave up on it. I should have given Ascension a more ambitious effort.
#22flame030191Posted 5/31/2013 1:02:40 PM
bbawler posted...
flame030191 posted...
Also, one of my personal favorite parts of Ascension comes to the prequel aspect.

At first I was skeptical: most prequels don't make sense. Halo Reach had better equipment than later games and even the enemies fought and storyline events didn't add up (such as the Brutes fighting, though the Covenant didn't deem them necessary until Elites left in Halo 2). Other games have acted very similarly.

Ascension makes it known it's a prequel. Nothing about the game takes away from the canon storyline, Kratos has none of the powers he gains from later games, and he is nowhere near as powerful as he gets to be. Even the gameplay mechanics are explained: increased speed is applicable because Kratos is much younger than even in Chains of Olympus. He was also still new to the blades, so he had to use his speed and momentum gained fighting in order to flow his combos together, where later on he learned how to use the chained blades like they were just extensions of his arms.

The game pulls it all together very well, shows Kratos's rise to becoming more powerful, and shows more of Kratos than any game before it. Was it a necessary game? No, the laid out trilogy was enough for the storyline. But that doesn't mean it's an unwelcome addition, especially since it's done right.

That actually sounds pretty good. When I rented it, I only played for about 40 minutes and gave up on it. I should have given Ascension a more ambitious effort.

Now I will also add it does have more glitches than the other GoW games, at least it did when I went through the storyline (played on launch version 1.01, not on the new patches). The only time anything major happened was the camera would get stuck at one section instead of following Kratos. It happened very rarely, and only once did I lose any sort of progress for it. All that had to be done was I restarted the chapter (yes, this game has chapters, so you can just pick up and play at any point you want up to the furthest point you reached) and it worked. Luckily enough, I only had to go through a 1-minute long cutscene and I was back on track.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Yup... That guy.
#23crynryanPosted 5/31/2013 4:50:14 PM
Sneak King

Big Bumpin' and Pocketbike Racers come to mind...
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#24DakhanavarXPosted 5/31/2013 7:59:27 PM
crynryan posted...
Sneak King

Big Bumpin' and Pocketbike Racers come to mind...

Um...there's a real lack of Vampire Rain in this thread.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#25the36thchamberPosted 5/31/2013 8:02:05 PM
i cant pick one game in these things im sorry

lost planet colonies
metal gear rising
virtua fighter 5 final showdown
vanquish
---
Xbox One. Even Sony's like wtf are you doing?
GT- xNinjaScrollx
#26BB52700Posted 5/31/2013 8:16:36 PM
Bioshock
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#27kungfuj0Posted 5/31/2013 8:21:26 PM
Madden 06
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#28AlphrinPosted 5/31/2013 8:38:59 PM
I think the best game on Xbox 360 is Red Dead Redemption.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#29sdchiPosted 5/31/2013 8:39:47 PM
Halo 3.
#30beautifuldreamsPosted 5/31/2013 8:56:52 PM
i see 50 hours is too much (Dark Souls)
what's the time constraint?
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~