This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Transferring Video - what am I doing wrong?

#1ChaoticCenturyPosted 6/5/2013 4:23:53 PM
About to defenestrate my Xbox. I JUST WANT TO MOVE A DARN VIDEO FILE ONTO THE CONSOLE'S HARD DRIVE, WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT.

Info:
Xbox 360S 250GB, 200+ GB available
Flash drive: HFS+ formatted, 1GB capacity
Computer: Mac w/Snow Leopard
File: MP4 video, ~260MB

I have tried everything. First had flash drive formatted to FAT32 as per my brother's advice, and the Xbox responded only by demanding that I format the flash drive. When I did, all the crap that the Xbox dumped on there filled it to capacity, so I was unable to put my video file on for transfer.

Next formatted to HFS+ as per my friend's recommendation. Now the Xbox is telling me to make sure my device isn't write-protected. It is NOT, you idiot machine, because I JUST MOVED A FILE ONTO IT. (I also verified in Finder that all listed profiles are set to "Read + Write.")

Can anyone help me out here? Would be most grateful. Doing something as simple as moving a video file from a flash drive to the internal hard drive should not be this infuriating a task.
---
"I've never seen such an angry sky..."
#2nimseyPosted 6/5/2013 5:26:59 PM
You can't transfer files to the hard drive.
---
www.delicious6.com
#3glassghost0Posted 6/5/2013 5:34:02 PM
You can't transfer Pron to your 360
---
No Thanks
#4RenamonPosted 6/5/2013 7:04:44 PM
Make it FAT32, put the video file on the drive, then plug in the drive to your xbox, then go DIRECTLY to the video player. Do not go to system storage and format the drive.

You will be able to watch the video, assuming it's in a format the xbox even supports (remember there's an optional media update you can try downloading if need be), but NOT copy it to your hard drive.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#5GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/5/2013 7:10:06 PM
Whoah whoah wait, you're telling me 360 uses FAT? Why?
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#6Ginsu VictimPosted 6/5/2013 8:12:16 PM
GuideToTheDark posted...

PS3 requires FAT32 as well.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#7RenamonPosted 6/5/2013 8:21:21 PM
GuideToTheDark posted...

As opposed to what?

The only down side is a 4GB file size limit, consoles don't need all that extra crap that the other filesystems have.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#8TheBlueStigPosted 6/5/2013 8:49:03 PM
Renamon posted...
GuideToTheDark posted...

As opposed to what?

The only down side is a 4GB file size limit, consoles don't need all that extra crap that the other filesystems have.

Some "digital copies" that come with movie purchases are larger than 4GB.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/6/2013 12:42:03 AM
I guess that makes sense. I just always kinda assumed NTFS was a general upgrade, and we've had it so long that there was no need to go back to FAT.
---
My X-box One will be like God, in that it doesn't exist and I'll feel sorry for people who have one.
#10popping4itPosted 6/6/2013 1:30:55 AM
they purposely used fat32 so they can use the 4GB limit i think as a precaution in case someone figured out how to pirate games.
---
whens mahvel?