This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I just asked MS what info about Xbox accounts it sends to the NSA?

#1Knight_Rider_3KPosted 6/7/2013 12:50:46 AM
Might as well have some fun with the news today. To specify, I said, "Do they see our K/D ratio in Call of Duty?". I wonder if I will get a response.
---
To old to do **** anymore.
#2Banana_ManaPosted 6/7/2013 1:38:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3glassghost0Posted 6/7/2013 1:43:12 AM
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
Might as well have some fun with the news today. To specify, I said, "Do they see our K/D ratio in Call of Duty?". I wonder if I will get a response.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38507734.jpg
---
No Thanks
#4Knight_Rider_3K(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 8:32:55 AM
Answer:

"This is in-accurate, Microsoft only provides the NSA with details upon request. Here is their statement: "We provide customer data only when we receive a legally binding order or subpoena to do so, and never on a voluntary basis. In addition we only ever comply with orders for requests about specific accounts or identifiers. If the government has a broader voluntary national security program to gather customer data we don't participate in it."

I'm surprised they responded.
---
To old to do **** anymore.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 6/7/2013 8:58:11 AM
Answer:

"This is in-accurate, Microsoft only provides the NSA with details upon request. Here is their statement: "We provide customer data only when we receive a legally binding order or subpoena to do so, and never on a voluntary basis. In addition we only ever comply with orders for requests about specific accounts or identifiers. If the government has a broader voluntary national security program to gather customer data we don't participate in it."

Plausible Deniability.

They'll keep denying until the hard evidence comes out, but at least one report so far has PRISM tied directly into each company's servers, so nothing has to be "asked for", they're just taking the data en masse.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6MegaCyber09Posted 6/7/2013 9:16:28 AM
NSA will not admit the truth. Why would they?
---
XBL Gamertag: CyberGTX09 / PSN: cybergt09
"Life is the life of life." - Unknown
#7darkphoenix181Posted 6/7/2013 10:47:35 AM

yes and if it is high the recruit you to special forces
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#8MertensCWPosted 6/7/2013 12:03:20 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...

yes and if it is high the recruit you to special forces

Just what i was thinking. Or at very least you will get hired to deliver Pizzas with helicopter drones.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#9googlerPosted 6/7/2013 12:13:26 PM
Answer:

Umm, that is a lie. 360 couldn't have it fully yet but everything else from Microsoft (including Windows) has an all-you-can-eat access to us but even then aggregate collections of our texts over the current version of Live and user data are very much available to them without the NSA having to "ask".