This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys feel is the best Resident Evil game on the XBOX 360?

#11TheAnalogKid06Posted 6/7/2013 11:31:55 PM
Samman123 posted...
4....why is this even being debated?

Agreed. If Crapcom decided they like making money and good games again and released REmake 2 on the 360 that would be my pick though.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
Can't wait to play: Last of Us, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Killer is Dead, Dark Souls 2, A Link to the Past 2, MGS V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
#12Gobey6Posted 6/8/2013 8:21:14 AM
natevines posted...
Gobey6 posted...
natevines posted...
Unpopular opinion, but 5. I LOVE couch co-op, and to me the game felt like 4 but just improved upon it in every way.

I thought 5 was better than 4. Not even just for co op but for pacing and especially mercenaries. 5 is my favorite as far as ones I can play on 360.

6 I've disowned. I want to play revelations.

Code veronica I downloaded but remembered it's hard as balls and I never beat it without a cheat device when I was a teenager.

REmake is still the best tho and the reason I keep my Gamecube around

Word. Don't forget the graphics on 5 either. I know as much as the next guy that graphics aren't everything, but RE5 is beautiful to behold. I thought it was the best looking game when it came out and it's still in the top 10 at least.

As for Revelations, it was a disappointment. Wasn't a big fan of 6 either, but I thought it was fun. I kind of prefer it to Revelations, which really does show its DS roots.

And funny that you mention that about CV. I actually did beat it on Dreamcast when it came out in '00 (I was 11), but sadly enough I no longer have the patience. This time around I couldn't bring myself to complete it.

Yea 5 to this day still has some of the best graphics on 360. It's surprising that 6 looked so generic after 5
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#13Killah PriestPosted 6/8/2013 8:29:54 AM
before 6 was patched I would have said 5

after 6 was patched... 6, by a very very very large margin.

6 is one of the best games ever.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14Gobey6Posted 6/8/2013 8:55:49 AM
Killah Priest posted...
before 6 was patched I would have said 5

after 6 was patched... 6, by a very very very large margin.

6 is one of the best games ever.

Patches couldn't save that game for me.... I thought the campaign was horrendous regardless of camera and control issues.

Mercenaries was fun... But only having 3 maps ensured that it wasn't fun for very long.
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#15The_DjokerPosted 6/8/2013 2:22:34 PM(edited)
4 and it's not even a close. And that's with 4's terrible controls on 360 too.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lol597WsBP1qcef94.gif
#16The_DjokerPosted 6/8/2013 2:23:29 PM
RE4, the series kept getting better under Mikami and his final game was where the series peaked. That said, it's still better on the cube. None of the ports have gotten the lighting right, and it really takes away from the game IMO.

well technically the Wii version is the best since it's the GC version with extra stuff.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lol597WsBP1qcef94.gif
#17ukokira1Posted 6/8/2013 10:10:54 PM
The_Djoker posted...
RE4, the series kept getting better under Mikami and his final game was where the series peaked. That said, it's still better on the cube. None of the ports have gotten the lighting right, and it really takes away from the game IMO.

well technically the Wii version is the best since it's the GC version with extra stuff.

I'm going with the HD version as the best version. All the content with game engine cutscenes and widescreen.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#18Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/8/2013 10:28:35 PM
M_Tollitson posted...
Code Veronica

---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#19Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/8/2013 10:29:42 PM
these posts have made me ill.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.