This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth getting for XBLA at this point?

#1Marxus DrakkanPosted 6/8/2013 4:31:04 AM
I haven't had a 360 for a few years, RROD. I do my multiplayer gaming on PC, and console gaming on PS3 with a growing number of PSN titles. With State of Decay out now I was really considering picking up the cheapest 360 I can find (still have my old HD) just to play that, though it seems silly since it will eventually come to PC.

What other XBLA exclusive games have I missed? The only one I remember buying before the box died was Shadow Complex which was awesome. Maybe if there is a bunch of exclusives that I have passed over it would make the purchase easier to justify. :)
#2SunDevil77Posted 6/8/2013 4:39:53 AM
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Geometry Wars 2
Buttloads of SHMUPs
Buttloads of indies
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
#3SomnambulisticPosted 6/8/2013 4:44:40 AM
State of Decay just came out and is pretty much already regarded as one of the best games in the entire Arcade.
---
Defiance will continue to be a fantastic show as long as Julie Benz continues to wear tight pants.
#4PixelDaemonPosted 6/8/2013 5:01:12 AM(edited)
ElderPredator12 posted...
State of Decay just came out and is pretty much already regarded as one of the best games in the entire Arcade.

It really would be if not for the amount of technical issues and overall jank it has.

Edit: With that said, you can forgive a lot with a 20 dollar price tag. It's a really ambitious indie game.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#5Super CreaturesPosted 6/8/2013 11:14:38 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

It should be noted that a PC version is in the works, along with a long awaited patch for the 360 version to fix a number of bugs (hopefully they fix the issue with it randomly dropping to the dashboard, and possibly completely corrupting your saves in the process).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6Darkcloud20Posted 6/8/2013 11:15:48 AM
It depends. If you are fine with playing single player games on PC then most of the arcade/indie stuff that is good is also on PC.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#7PixelDaemonPosted 6/8/2013 11:41:00 AM
Super Creatures posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

It should be noted that a PC version is in the works, along with a long awaited patch for the 360 version to fix a number of bugs (hopefully they fix the issue with it randomly dropping to the dashboard, and possibly completely corrupting your saves in the process).

? It's already out on PC.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#8Super CreaturesPosted 6/8/2013 1:55:21 PM
Oh, I didn't know it had already been released.

Last I read, which admittedly was a month ago or so, it was still pending.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9BB52700Posted 6/8/2013 5:25:12 PM
is Battleblock Theatre exclusive? if so, get that. Even if it isn't, get it anyway!
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#10Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/8/2013 5:36:34 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...

lol.

then the answer is no.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.