This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a 48 hour code and want to use it... but...

#1mtjormitchPosted 6/8/2013 9:40:08 AM
Here's the thing. I have points on my Xbox account, however, it won't let me spend them because I have a silver one. I am wondering if I can use a 48 hour trail I have in order to get the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim... would that be possible to do? Or should I wait for the one in a million chance of a free gold weekend?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2TwistedCoCoPosted 6/8/2013 9:43:38 AM
That...shouldn't be happening. You don't need a gold membership to buy stuff off of the xbox live marketplace, a silver membership (the free one) is sufficient

Might wanna get ahold of Microsoft Tech support on that one?
---
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/Blakblade/blehspleandr/pigride.gif
#3DAH_JoePosted 6/8/2013 11:11:59 AM
TwistedCoCo posted...
That...shouldn't be happening. You don't need a gold membership to buy stuff off of the xbox live marketplace, a silver membership (the free one) is sufficient

There are game demos that require you to have a gold membership in order to download them... It's so stupid.
---
Check profile for contacts.
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/8/2013 11:16:31 AM
DAH_Joe posted...
There are game demos that require you to have a gold membership in order to download them... It's so stupid.

Only for the first week they are available (I don't think any new demos have been released in the past 7 days), or, possibly, if the demo only offers online play, which would require Gold anyway.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5gudamanPosted 6/8/2013 11:58:23 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Here's the thing. I have points on my Xbox account, however, it won't let me spend them because I have a silver one. I am wondering if I can use a 48 hour trail I have in order to get the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim... would that be possible to do? Or should I wait for the one in a million chance of a free gold weekend?

Here is the link for the free month of gold TC

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer

just use that and not concern yourself with any of those 48-hour cards.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#6RenamonPosted 6/8/2013 1:00:37 PM
DAH_Joe posted...
TwistedCoCo posted...

Except demos are free. We're talking paid content here.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games